9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Mercy High School
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 06, 2016
While some teachers are certainly better than others, I do feel as though I received a sound education here.

Posted August 06, 2016
Mercy High School is an extremely special place where I learned, grew, and developed. After having spent four years here, I am confident that I could not have received a better education or experienced a more loving atmosphere elsewhere. Mercy makes saying goodbye very difficult, but I know that the community is one that will always be there for me throughout my life.

Posted March 05, 2015
Mercy High School is a WONDERFUL school! My oldest daughter graduated in 2010. She was well prepared for college and beyond. She went in as a shy hesitant fresh woman and graduated a lovely confidant young lady. My youngest daughter is currently a junior. She did have an issue freshman year with another young lady. The administration was extremely responsive to the situation and worked with the girls for the greater part of the year. All the young ladies are now on track. Classes are challenging, and the girls can choose the class level that is best for them. The guidance department is very good. Both daughters will tell you that they love Mercy and had great experiences there, although very different personalities and very different experiences. As another Mom, with 3 girls said- "At Mercy there is something for everyone" Love this school!

Posted January 16, 2014
As an alumnae of Mercy High School in Middletown, CT and the parent of a Senior, class of 2014, Mercy has been a wonderful experience. My daughter went through public high school from K-8 and has grown so much as a young woman, both spiritually and academically since attending Mercy. She has met so many wonderful girls from many different towns. I cannot thank Mercy enough for all they have done for my daughter - she is a confident young woman who is prepared to enter college. The guidance department does an excellent job working with the students in their college search, applications & essays. My daughter's friends in public school were so far behind her in getting their essays done and applying to their colleges. My daughter has been accepted to her top 3 colleges, and I credit Mercy for that. She has also had the ability to try many different activities/clubs/sports at Mercy. When you ask her what she thinks about Mercy, she will always say "I love Mercy". Faculty, staff and students are always encouraging and supporting each other. I encourage future students to spend a day shadowing a Mercy student - and she too will want to be part of Mercy.

Mercy High School 2

Posted December 15, 2013
My daughter went for 1 1/2 years. Should have never sent her. School does nothing about behavior of the "chosen ones". They constantly cover up scandals. Academics are horrible. My daughter was an honors student. When she transferred out to a much better catholic school she was behind in several subjects. She took summer classes on her own to catch up. Mercy made her feel horrible about herself. She now feels great about herself in a much better atmosphere. DO NOT Make the same mistake we did!!! It almost destroyed our daughter

Posted November 06, 2013
I am the parent of three daughters who are Mercy girls. All three are different scholastically. All three got an excellent education and I believe are succeeding in college/careers due to the education they received at Mercy. Well worth the tuition; an unmotivated student will be inspired and a high achieving student will set higher goals.

Posted October 11, 2013
My daughter is a sophomore at Mercy HS and loves it! I cannot even begin to express how much my daughter's confidence has grown from her first day at Mercy. She has made so many kind friends from all of the classes. My daughter has struggled in school in the past but the encouragement that is displayed by the teachers and staff have made my daughter want to succeed. There is an atmosphere at Mercy that is indescribable. The opportunities at Mercy are endless for all students that wish to embrace them. I feel very fortunate that my daughter can be part of such a wonderful establishment.

Posted October 08, 2013
I have a daughter who is a senior at Mercy High School. She has had nothing but a positive experience at the school. As happy as I am for her applying to colleges this fall, I can't help but feel sad that her time at Mercy is coming to an end. The faculty and staff are so involved with these girls. They want nothing more than for them to succeed and become strong young women. We feel very fortunate that our daughter was able to have an amazing high school experience and not just a good high school experience.

Mercy High School 2

Posted September 11, 2013
My daughter is a Junior. The previous students who said "bullying is not tolerated" must be part of the "popular crowd" who "fits the mold". The school may believe the students are "inclusive" and one big happy family, but the blatant "mean girl" behavior, both during school and after school on the sports teams, (and even displayed by some of the parents), is quite prevalent.. Even though some adults there know about it, they find it easier to ignore rather than confront it. Administrators address the occasional bullying on Facebook, but there is SO much more going on there, on a daily basis. Girls with the fake smiles who the teachers might think are role model citizens of the school - some of them are the worst offenders, yet the teachers or coaches apparently have no clue --or again, choose to ignore it (or even reward it). Parents talk about it among themselves - but are afraid to stand up because the behavior only worsens when you do. Yes, the girls do get a good education here, but if you are spending your money to also ensure a "safe, warm, friendly place", it certainly is not that way for all. We mistakenly thought that being a Catholic School would make it so...

Posted September 23, 2012
I'm currently a sophomore at Mercy and I absolutely love this school. Bullying is not tolerated and everyone welcomes the freshmen and transfer students. When I was deciding on a high school, I did not want to go to mercy. My mom made me go and I'm happy she did.

Mercy High School