Posted June 12, 2014
The lost tools of learning have been found at Roadside while attending in 2013/2014. They were challenged every day to deliver and several reasons contribute to the results obtained including loving teachers, encouraging environment, solid curriculum, and students who naturally strive to deliver their best. The teachers require the students think critically and develop bedrock of character. While students spend such a high percentage of their daily life with teachers it is critical these family partners at Roadside devote themselves to growing moral fiber. The small classes ensure nuances in learning are engrained where students master a skill before moving on to the next development. Our children never waited for the others to catch up and they have no idea how rigorously this program pushes them. The Hillsdale curriculum adopted by Roadside is successful in developing critical minds by selecting correct source documents, autobiographies and classic literature avoiding texts that have been distilled into irrelevancy. Our active children never became overwhelmed or felt unfit. Roadside has been a sound investment in our most important priorities; the children and their minds.

Roadside Academy 4

Posted June 05, 2014
My oldest child has attended Roadside Academy for 3 years now. We have been very happy with Roadside overall. The administration and teachers are accessible and responsive to parents. The teachers are capable and genuinely care about the students and their progress. Class sizes are small enough that each child receives individual attention to a degree not possible anywhere short of homeschooling. Initially I was concerned about how small the classes were, but my son has developed positive relationships with his classmates and children in the adjacent grades. The academic pace is somewhat more aggressive than our local public school. I believe this is primarily due to the small class sizes and a high degree of family support for the children who attend. I also believe this is due to an almost exclusive focus on academic basics. That same focus is also a benefit in that we never have to counteract/contradict non-academic concepts being taught at school. At the same time, I would like to see improvements in the areas of art, music and PE. Each is addressed, but the size of the school limits resources in these subjects. We intend to send our other children to Roadside as well.

Posted June 05, 2014
I am an alum of Roadside Academy. I completed 1st-8th grade. I was accepted into Suffield Academy and Kingswood Oxford from Roadside. I then went onto Emory University and University of Saint Joseph where I graduated with my BSN, RN. I plan on going onto graduate school next year. Roadside Academy is the reason why I was able to accomplish so much. It was my solid foundation that got me here. The teachers have an unwavering love and commitment to the success of their students education and personal growth. I was in a class size as small as 2 and as large as 15 while I was attended Roadside. I never felt like I was lacking something because of the small class size, rather I felt like I gained personal involvement and attention. Roadside has become a home to me. The school treats students and parents like family. I am now married and have two little ones of my own. My 4 year old son just completed Roadsides preschool program and is onto the Kindergarten class in the fall!!! I am so excited for him to be able to experience all Roadside has to offer!!

Roadside Academy 4

Posted June 05, 2014
Our son is becoming a fine student at Roadside Academy. With traditional methods of education and values, Roadside educates and encourages a love to learn independently. We have found the teachers to understand the value of both hard work and play. They genuinely care for each student and their personal and academic success.

Posted June 05, 2014
I have sent all three of my children to Roadside and can't say enough about the quality of the teachers and the staff. The caring staff and teachers empower the children of all abilities to achieve their maximum academic potential . More importantly with a strong emphasis on personal conduct, personal responsibility and solid moral values the school has made raising the kids easier by reinforcing and not undermining what is taught at home. Save for college but Roadside proves that the time to invest in your children is at the foundational grade school level. I'm so glad we found this gem of a school.

Posted June 04, 2013
Roadside Academy has given us exactly what we were looking for in a school and more. Due to small classroom sizes and the nurturing environment provided by Roadside's dedicated teachers, our son's reading and math skills are at least one grade level ahead. This school has helped his self-confidence grow and fed his excitement to learn. He loves going to school! We are happily looking forward to his brother starting kindergarten at Roadside this fall.

Posted March 09, 2011
I am an alumni of Roadside and I know firsthand how great this school is! At Roadside every student is important and the teachers truly care about each student. The classes that I took at Roadside allowed me to be in more advanced classes when I moved on to high school, and really prepared me for the "real world." I will always be grateful for the wonderful education that I recieved at Roadside and definitely would recomend the school to everyone! Thanks Roadside!

Posted October 20, 2010
We are so happy that we brought our daughter back to Roadside Academy. The teachers are exceptional, and they work hard to inspire your children to reach for the stars. With the small class room 10/1 ratios, my daughter has advanced so much. We love Roadside academy.

Posted June 10, 2010
We are very happy with our decision to send our son to Roadside Academy. He has blossomed socially and academically at Roadside. The class sizes are small and the teachers are so helpful. He is given the individualized attention he needs to excel. We love Roadside Academy and are so thankful for finding it.

Posted April 21, 2009
We love this School !! - Our son has started here late in his Kindergarten year, he loves his teacher Mrs Roberts. The school has a small town feel where all the children and parents are very welcoming. With small class sizes my son has advanced soooo much since starting here - you cannot beat this school ! Thank you Roadside Academy

Roadside Academy
Po Box 209, Middletown, CT  06457
Last modified Roadside Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Roadside Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.