Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My children were not provided with needed resources in a timely manner. Middletown is a very needy district and resources are not abundant at Moody because other schools need the help more desperately. This leaves Moody short, in my opinion. Teachers are great for the most part. Strong students should do well, but if they struggle, you need to fight to get your kids any iota of extra services. Class sizes are large in some grades.

Develops character: Disagree

At Moody, large class sizes in several grades do not permit enough meaningful teacher-student interaction.

Yes, Ms. Eldridge has some big shoes to fill with Mr. Wallowitz leaving, and I was willing to keep an open mind. However, when she was not present to greet parents at the doorway of the open house held on 9/3/08, I was left wondering who she was exactly. As a parent, I felt that at the very least, a letter should have been sent to us introducing her as the new Principal and letting us know what her qualifications are. I was not able to make the first PTA meeting, but I certainly will try to make others. Maybe through these meetings I will get to know who she is. I'm not sure of the changes that is referenced in the review prior to mine, so now my curiosity is peaked. I hope the teachers will still provide a quality education for my child, despite the new administration.

I have to agree that the teachers at Moody have been terrific. It is the administration and the Board of Ed that has been causing all the problems. Jeff was a terrific principal who started to make some positive changes, but he was here such a short time. Our new principal started out the school year by failing to introduce herself to parents and instituting some changes on the 1st day that upset literally every student and had parents wondering what was going on. A little advance communication to parents would have gone a long way. Let's hope she can recover from this bad start and move the school forward in the positive direction that Jeff started, involving both teachers and parents in a meaningful way. If not for the administration and BOE I would have given the school 4 stars.

Our family has spent seven years at Moody, and while it has it's great qualities, currently we are experiencing some issues. We have had such a turnover of administration (four principals) during the seven years we've been at Moody. I don't understand. Honestly, we've really liked every teacher we've come across at the school, but it appears that a lot of the faculty are unhappy right now, along with parents and students, and it's showing. Both parents and students see the changes. It's really too bad that things are declining. The cohesiveness between administration, teachers and parents has faded away. I think that's an essential element in supporting children in their education, at any grade level. I'm almost glad to be at the end of our elementary years.

Sadly there's little parent involvement and teachers that have been in the school for ages and nothing can be done to get them out regardless of numerous parental complaints. New principal is fabulous and bringing in a community spirit which is such a breath of fresh air. If we could afford private though....our kids would not be at Moody.

Last modified Moody School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.