No rating

St. Gabriel School

Private | PK-8

Living in Milford

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $240,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,530.

Posted February 5, 2014

St. Gabriel school is a wonderful community. The faculty and staff strive to provide an environment that is nurturing to their students. They place importance not only on academics but personal growth and character building. Children with learning and attention issues are offered additional resources (extra help, accommodations, customized assignments, etc) so they can stay mainstream without feeling like they are being singled out. They ensure these students meet their maximum potential without adding stress or pressure. I have witnessed several students with learning and/or attention issues achieve successes that I don't think they would have in another school.

Posted February 5, 2014

This is an excellent school. They place high value on academic, personal and character growth for their students. The middle school classes/teachers do a great job at prepping their students for high school. They are firm, but caring. If a student or parent is dissatisfied it is only themselves to blame. We had different issues throughout the years - as you would in any school - but brought them immediately to the attention of the staff/faculty and we worked through them all successfully. This school goes above and beyond to help those who are willing to ask for and receive help. Their mentoring program of the middle school students to the younger grades is wonderful. Every student knows every teacher and every teacher knows every student. That is priceless! The students are watched over from the first day they step into the school until the day they graduate. In addition to their academics they have many clubs and sports for students to choose from. Dr. Kingston is a strong and compassionate leader of this school. Some decisions she makes may not bode well with all, but all decisions she makes are for the good of the school and its students.

Posted October 21, 2013

This school is horrible! they need to replace that principal and a few teachers. some teachers don't even have teaching degrees and parents are paying $5000 a year for what? I'm also appalled with Dr. Gail Kingston. who's doctorate is as good as the paper it's written on. plays favoritism with some parents which makes it horrible for others. and the 5 star comments that are on this page, more than likely came from parents who she favors and manipulates to write. nice principal HUH! It's sad to say that this is where we send our children for Christian values. I pray that your experience will be better than mine, just do your research and ask to see proof of your child's teachers certification. private prices better come with proven teachers.

Posted March 20, 2013

St Gabriel School is an excellent School far surpassing other nearby schools in education and the teachers at the school. If you want your kid to attend a place of safety, high quality education, and caring teachers, this is the place to send your kids! Highly recommend!

Posted February 28, 2013

I highly recommend St. Gabriel School. It offers everything that you want for your child: A safe school environment, caring and knowledgeable teachers, academics that challenge each child to reach his/her full potential, a strong but caring principal who is easily approachable, and a strong community where you and your child feel welcome from Day One. I moved my son to St. Gabriel in 7th grade. He was immediately accepted by the other children and was treated like he had been there all along. Even the teachers he never had the chance to have learned his name and went out of their way to talk to him and make him feel welcome. In addition, the academics are so good that my son was accepted into the honors program at his Catholic high school, along with being able to take Spanish 2 as a freshman. I wish I had moved him to St. Gabriel sooner so he could have had longer than two years to spend in this great environment. I encourage you to take a tour of this school and have your child spend a day there. You and your child will be glad you did.

Posted February 24, 2013

I have three children at St. Gabe's and they could not be happier. They love their teachers and are doing well with the curriculum. As a parent I feel very comfortable with all of the staff and parents. The quality education that they are recieving combined with the close community that St. Gabriel School provides are why we will never leave this school!

Posted June 7, 2012

This school is terrible. I definetly WONT reccomend it. It is SUPPOSEDLY a catholic school but it doesnt feel like it at all. Esspically the 6-8 grade spanish teacher who I would choose as my last teacher in the world.

Posted March 6, 2011

What a wonderful school for my children. We are new to the school and couldn't be happier.I only wish we came here sooner. My children are in the middle school and fit in immediately.. The families are friendly, certainly something we did't have at our prior school. The principal is wonderful.The academics are pretty strict, but the teachers really are supportive especially with students new to the school. I can't say enough good things about St Gabriel. If you ae looking for the best for your children , consider St. Gabriel School!

Posted October 11, 2010

along with academics,parent involment and teachers who truly care about their students,character building of caring for others, is essential.A DEDICATED PRINCIPLE WHO IS EXTREMELY ACTIVE WITH STUDENTS,PARENTSN ABD TEACHERS. A HUGE BONUS FOR ALL.

Posted December 19, 2008

I am a parent of 2 children at the school. The academics are very good(not great but very good) and an effort is made to be very inclusive of kids who for whatever reason are not able to get the work done. They are brougth along with the class and given extra help(which may hurt very high achievers). The school has bent over backwards to bring in every social and economic group, and you could not ask for more diversity(which was not the case when we started). Even though it is private, it is far from a rich or snobby school-if anything just the opposite. As a parent I have bent over backwards and been involved with everything, and I can see how some parents may think it is a bit much. All in all I am very satisfied .

Posted October 30, 2008

I am a parent who comutes 25 miles round trip to bring our children to this school. I work very closely with all the school systems in new haven county, and St. Gabriels School is head and shoulders above any of the school programs in new haven county. I could not be more pleased with the school education and social programs at the school.

Posted October 30, 2008

The top school in Milford and beyond. We don't live in Milford, but we travel 25 minutes each day to send our children to this school - it's entirely worth it. When the kids were young we decided on a Catholic education and I wanted only the best. I visited a dozen Catholic schools in the area. St. Gabriel School won hands down no other school came close. It is without a doubt the best and has definitely lived up to our expectations. Oh, and I'm not the only one - this school has kids that travel from Orange, Stratford, Woodbridge, Easton, Bridgeport, West Haven, North Haven, Shelton, Derby, Ansonia, & Seymour. WHY? Because St. Gabriel School is BY FAR the best Catholic grammar school you will find in this part of Connecticut.

Posted October 28, 2008

I am a parent of two children; my oldest has graduated from Saint Gabriel School and now attends High School. My other child is still at Saint Gabriel and we are so pleased with the superior academics as well as all of the extracurricular activities that the school offers. Saint Gabriel School has worked very hard over the last few years to update the school with a brand new state of the art Gym as well as two state of the art Playgrounds. My oldest child that attends High School was academically ahead of her class in Math and History when she started High School. My youngest child is in the enrichment program that the school offers, and is writing her own story books. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for High Academic Standards in a Safe and Secure Environment.

Posted October 25, 2008

I am a father of 2 children at St. Gabriel School and I am extremely impressed! It is amazing how much the kids learn and how well the school teaches. The kids come home each day smiling and going on about their great days. The school ensures that the kids enjoy themselves while adhering to strict academic standards. My oldest is very bright and luckily the school offers an enrichment program - the work she is doing at her age is incredible. Plus, the staff and the other parents could not be nicer and the extra-curricular activities are fantastic. I really love this school - it offers my kids the full package - more than any other school I have seen. Highly recommended and well worth it. Choosing St. Gabriel School for my kids was one of the best parenting decisions my wife and I have made.

Posted October 24, 2008

St. Gabriel School has proven to be a superior and high performing school. My children have received high academic honors due to the advanced curriculum and the superior teachers. This has been proven by national test scores. The school offers a great sports program that encourages all students to participate beginning in 3rd grade..St. Gabriel's even has a co-ed middle school soccer team that competes with other parochial schools. There are no other schools in Milford, public or parochial that offer this. St. Gabriel's has great school spirit and a welcoming staff and parent base. In the past year alone, the capital improvements to the school are new floors throughout the buildings and a new gym floor as well as two new state of the art playgrounds! So proud to be a part of St. Gabriel School!

Posted October 24, 2008

A top-notch education combined with a nurturing, family friendly environment. This is our 2nd year and I am extremely happy with this school. All you have to do is look at St. Gabriel School's test scores and you will see that the academics are extraordinary. No school in the area comes close. My kids are learning at a very high level with great teachers who are able to individualize and not make it stressful. Another fabulous thing about this school is the 'school culture'. Right from the beginning I have found this to be a VERY family friendly school. Everyone, including parents staff and students, truly care about one another. There is none of that cliquiness nonsense that you find at other schools. Everyone belongs. With extraordinary academics and a unique caring environment, St. Gabriel School is BY FAR the best in the area.

Posted September 21, 2008

My children have received an excellent education here at St. Gabriel School. They are members of the National Junior Honor Sociey and the Spanish Honor Society. St. Gabriel School is only one of four schools( public and privated) in the state of CT, that have membership into the Spanish Honor Society! I am so proud as a parent to have our academics at such a high level! The teachers are highly qualified and care about the successes of all students.My children are well prepared academically, socially and spiritually for their futures and are proud to say they go to St. Gabriel School!

Posted September 2, 2008

We tried this school, believing all that the school advertises as the highlights. We were very disppointed with the school overall, and have left. The school is not as welcoming as they present themselves, and it is untrue that there is zero tolerance for bullies, etc. All schools these days have that policy--the carry out policy is what differs from each school. We witnessed bullies and some very mean children, children of the teachers and others whom had been part of the school for a long time whose children get away with a lot of bad behavior. The curriculum is outdated and the school looks ancient compared to the other schools in town simply because the school is in disrepair and lacking in modern updates.

Posted July 2, 2008

This is my third year in this school. I am very please with the involvment of the entire school with my children. We transfered from public school. The teacher pay very close attention to students and their academics. If they feel that the student is advanced in any way they encourage him or her evn more!!! I love this school for my children

Posted August 8, 2007

Saint Gabriel School is and continues to be the Top Notch Perochial school in Milford. My daughter has attended Saint Gabriel School since Pre-School. She has had every need met in this school Academiacally and Socially. There has Never been any 'Clicky' clusters of any kind. As in any school a child attends there are always children that form a tighter bond together but Never has any child been left out. Our Principal is a strong and dedicated leader to Saint Gabriel School and an Amazing Role Model for our children. This school has been a second home to our daughters and we could not be more happy with their Academics and Socialization skills. I recommend this school to family that wants a superior education with a faith-based environment.

Asian 3% N/A
Two or more races 3% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 4%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Dr. Gail Kingston
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Hartford