Posted November 24, 2014
This is one the best school in CT! I dont understand why some would give low ratings. Everyone is wonderful, from the teachers, staff and the kids! Everyone knows everyones names. Cant be any happier!

Posted October 17, 2014
Great school! Both my kids go to school here and they love it. Every one is like family!

Posted February 05, 2014
This is an excellent school. They place high value on academic, personal and character growth for their students. The middle school classes/teachers do a great job at prepping their students for high school. They are firm, but caring. If a student or parent is dissatisfied it is only themselves to blame. We had different issues throughout the years - as you would in any school - but brought them immediately to the attention of the staff/faculty and we worked through them all successfully. This school goes above and beyond to help those who are willing to ask for and receive help. Their mentoring program of the middle school students to the younger grades is wonderful. Every student knows every teacher and every teacher knows every student. That is priceless! The students are watched over from the first day they step into the school until the day they graduate. In addition to their academics they have many clubs and sports for students to choose from. Dr. Kingston is a strong and compassionate leader of this school. Some decisions she makes may not bode well with all, but all decisions she makes are for the good of the school and its students.

St. Gabriel School 1

Posted October 21, 2013
This school is horrible! they need to replace that principal and a few teachers. some teachers don't even have teaching degrees and parents are paying $5000 a year for what? I'm also appalled with Dr. Gail Kingston. who's doctorate is as good as the paper it's written on. plays favoritism with some parents which makes it horrible for others. and the 5 star comments that are on this page, more than likely came from parents who she favors and manipulates to write. nice principal HUH! It's sad to say that this is where we send our children for Christian values. I pray that your experience will be better than mine, just do your research and ask to see proof of your child's teachers certification. private prices better come with proven teachers.

Posted March 20, 2013
St Gabriel School is an excellent School far surpassing other nearby schools in education and the teachers at the school. If you want your kid to attend a place of safety, high quality education, and caring teachers, this is the place to send your kids! Highly recommend!

Posted February 28, 2013
I highly recommend St. Gabriel School. It offers everything that you want for your child: A safe school environment, caring and knowledgeable teachers, academics that challenge each child to reach his/her full potential, a strong but caring principal who is easily approachable, and a strong community where you and your child feel welcome from Day One. I moved my son to St. Gabriel in 7th grade. He was immediately accepted by the other children and was treated like he had been there all along. Even the teachers he never had the chance to have learned his name and went out of their way to talk to him and make him feel welcome. In addition, the academics are so good that my son was accepted into the honors program at his Catholic high school, along with being able to take Spanish 2 as a freshman. I wish I had moved him to St. Gabriel sooner so he could have had longer than two years to spend in this great environment. I encourage you to take a tour of this school and have your child spend a day there. You and your child will be glad you did.

Posted February 24, 2013
I have three children at St. Gabe's and they could not be happier. They love their teachers and are doing well with the curriculum. As a parent I feel very comfortable with all of the staff and parents. The quality education that they are recieving combined with the close community that St. Gabriel School provides are why we will never leave this school!

St. Gabriel School 1

Posted June 07, 2012
This school is terrible. I definetly WONT reccomend it. It is SUPPOSEDLY a catholic school but it doesnt feel like it at all. Esspically the 6-8 grade spanish teacher who I would choose as my last teacher in the world.

Posted March 06, 2011
What a wonderful school for my children. We are new to the school and couldn't be happier.I only wish we came here sooner. My children are in the middle school and fit in immediately.. The families are friendly, certainly something we did't have at our prior school. The principal is wonderful.The academics are pretty strict, but the teachers really are supportive especially with students new to the school. I can't say enough good things about St Gabriel. If you ae looking for the best for your children , consider St. Gabriel School!

St. Gabriel School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
along with academics,parent involment and teachers who truly care about their students,character building of caring for others, is essential.A DEDICATED PRINCIPLE WHO IS EXTREMELY ACTIVE WITH STUDENTS,PARENTSN ABD TEACHERS. A HUGE BONUS FOR ALL.

St. Gabriel School