PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 04, 2016
I wholeheartedly recommend St. Gabriel School for so many reasons. My children were in Public School for 3-4 years and had a horrible experience there. Once we pulled our children from Public School and started sending them to St. Gabriel School, they have blossomed both academically and socially. They went from crying because they didn't want to go to Public School to (now) crying because they have a snow day and are sad because they WANT to go to St. Gabriel School. St. Gabriel School is a wonderful little “hidden gem”…such an amazing environment!!!

Posted August 30, 2015
St. Gabriel School is an excellent school. Our teachers are compassionate and caring. Dr. Kingston, our Principal is amazing! She is so supportive of our students and takes the time to know everyone. My children are extremely happy in their school. My husband & I are very satisfied with the superior education they are receiving.

Posted August 30, 2015
St. Gabriel is a wonderful school where my children are receiving an excellent education. The school uses the latest in technology, utilizing iPads and Apple TV in each classroom. The faculty in the school are very caring and take the time to know each child. I love my St. Gabriel community!

Posted August 26, 2015
This school does play favorites especially the kindergarden teacher.My child who was in her class has been repeatedlely punched in the head by another child (whose mother she went to high school with)When i confronted her about that she said my son was in his face! Does that make it ok that my child was punched in the head?Mrs.Popel is a bully herself!!! She has yelled at my child for mistakes i made reguarding sending in money for dress down day.The school also allowed my sons father who i was separated from remove my child from the school without my permission and never even called me to notify me my son had left with his father.My son lived in my home and I brought him to and picked him up from school everyday!!! They are terrible! They state on their school website that most of the activities the school has are free,that is a lie,you have to pay for everything you attend,including the trick or trunk! What the other person said is totally true!St Gabriels is a terrible school with a terrible principal and they treat people they know better than you.

St. Gabriel School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 04, 2015
This school is terrible. My child was left behind on a field trip because he forgot his tie.

Posted June 04, 2015
Terrible school. Teachers choose favorites. When confronted they give other reasons why. I say my child be left behind on a field trip because he didn't have a tie, this school is bad just stay away.

Posted November 24, 2014
This is one the best school in CT! I dont understand why some would give low ratings. Everyone is wonderful, from the teachers, staff and the kids! Everyone knows everyones names. Cant be any happier!

Posted October 17, 2014
Great school! Both my kids go to school here and they love it. Every one is like family!

Posted February 05, 2014
This is an excellent school. They place high value on academic, personal and character growth for their students. The middle school classes/teachers do a great job at prepping their students for high school. They are firm, but caring. If a student or parent is dissatisfied it is only themselves to blame. We had different issues throughout the years - as you would in any school - but brought them immediately to the attention of the staff/faculty and we worked through them all successfully. This school goes above and beyond to help those who are willing to ask for and receive help. Their mentoring program of the middle school students to the younger grades is wonderful. Every student knows every teacher and every teacher knows every student. That is priceless! The students are watched over from the first day they step into the school until the day they graduate. In addition to their academics they have many clubs and sports for students to choose from. Dr. Kingston is a strong and compassionate leader of this school. Some decisions she makes may not bode well with all, but all decisions she makes are for the good of the school and its students.

Posted October 21, 2013
This school is horrible! they need to replace that principal and a few teachers. some teachers don't even have teaching degrees and parents are paying $5000 a year for what? I'm also appalled with Dr. Gail Kingston. who's doctorate is as good as the paper it's written on. plays favoritism with some parents which makes it horrible for others. and the 5 star comments that are on this page, more than likely came from parents who she favors and manipulates to write. nice principal HUH! It's sad to say that this is where we send our children for Christian values. I pray that your experience will be better than mine, just do your research and ask to see proof of your child's teachers certification. private prices better come with proven teachers.

St. Gabriel School