Posted June 13, 2014
Law is probably the greatest thing that has happened to me. I found my friends there, I found teachers I love there, I found a community there. After spending my freshman year at a private, Catholic school I was just about ready to drop out of high school all together, but Law helped me get back on my feet. I am in all honors classes now, and taking 2 APs next year. Obviously, there are issues, like the weed problem we have, but the only difference between us and private school, is private school kids can afford better drugs. And yes, there is violence in the school, as I'm sure you're aware by now, but it is very rare and when it does occur, we as a community gather together and defeat it. Law is my home now, and I couldn't ask for a better one.

Jonathan Law High School 4

Posted March 26, 2014
I think there is a perception that JLHS is not a great school for learning, I strongly disagree. The teachers of all of my son's classes are very professional, committed and concerned about teaching and having all of their student's succeed. The school administration shares that culture, especially the Principal with his regular phone call updates to parents, you always know what is going on at the school. Your child will succeed if they apply themselves, they have all of the support and resources they need at JLHS to do well.

Jonathan Law High School 2

Posted June 04, 2013
The teachers want to teach the subject, the kids want to learn the subjects, but the principal dictates the teachers to teach the kids to pass the state & fed tests. The principal mandates the guidance office personnel to shame or convince the kids to take AP classes. The school system is all about AP classes. My child dam near cried when explaining to me the experience when selecting classes for the next year. The counselor would not accept my child saying no to AP classes. The principal s goals are selfish and for self-promoting reasons. His goals are based on the number of kids in AP classes and the number of AP classes as a total. Regardless of the very low AP scores in the school and the level of stress that is put on the kids. My older kids, in college, benefited zero from their AP classes, were not accepted and had to take an introduction class in those subjects. Let the kids experience and live high school, then graduate and then live college. -- Regarding the parents involvement, the parents want to be involved but the principal highly discourages this participation. The teachers are told no parents to be involved.

Jonathan Law High School 2

Posted May 17, 2013
Well ... this school has changed a lot since I graduated from JLHS in 1966 ... all I can say that it was FUN to go to school here .. I now realize that the teachers and coaches that I thought I appreciated in HS .. actually were HORRIBLE ... but this was an evaluation made AFTER playing Division 1 sports, and getting a Master's Degree.

Jonathan Law High School 4

Posted January 30, 2013
I have had a positive experience with this school. Most of my senior class went unto higher education. We have a strong support system of teachers who are willing to help us with anything. The new principal has been striving for excellence and is one of the best things that has happened to Law. Law fully prepared me for higher education. I am happy I chose Law over private schools in my area. Half the students from private schools in the area go to the same schools as students from Law. AP courses are becoming stronger and athletics are good. Main problem is talent is divided between two high schools. Many athletes had former teammates that went to the cross town high school. I do not regret going to Law and despite others opinions about this school Law is a good place to get a secondary education

Posted December 29, 2012
i attended "jlaw" and it was a great skool for the most part staff really cared bout most things but several staff couldnt care less i moved out of state in 08 and never got to graduate from jlaw i wish i could have i thank the staff that helped me for those tht remember frosty thank you for everything becuase of jlaw i wouldnt be where i am today

Posted June 09, 2011
I have moved both my Kids from this school, the academics are weak. There are other serious behavioral issues that have not been addressed. If you are moving to the area, and you would choose where to live depending on the school system, Milford is not where you want to be. We have elected to pay full tuition in a district that is ranked much higher even though we are paying the absorbent taxed in this district. I must say Elementary and Secondary schools were fantastic.

Posted September 29, 2009

Posted June 10, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009
I think that this school is great. Everyone is soo carring!!

Jonathan Law High School
20 Lansdale Ave, Milford, CT  06460
Last modified Jonathan Law High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jonathan Law High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.