Milford, CT

Posted September 10, 2013
My school is the best. I can have lunch with my Grandma or Grandpa or mom or dad, anytime I want to.

Posted May 11, 2010
Teachers,/Administration/Staff and Very Supportive. Children feel happy/ safe. More need to select more effective/creative lessons presentations from parent volunteers. My son's teacher has been impressively accurate with her assessment of his progress including some finer details. The atmosphere role models that respect is all-around and all-ages. Adults really listen to what the children have to say and allowing further development of listening skills in children. Science Curriculum is not very strong. More hands on would make sense in our environment made up of science. I would like to see the art program developed so it is more about the children's art experience. The administration is open to parents/legal guardians and their concerns. The weaknesses that my child entered the year with are no longer. The teacher read all I had to say and made efforts to allow development as needed. More outdoor play would allow for more creative social development.

Posted May 06, 2010
Great PTA. Great School Grounds. Lots of activites. Excellent dedicated teachers.

Posted April 29, 2010
Excellent staff who is always available to parents! Loving atmosphere. High test scores. Very involved PTA that runs many programs for the kids- including after school.

Posted April 29, 2010
The teachers are passionate, caring & nuturing and have inovative techniques to encourage learning. The administration & teachers all have a great repore with parents & children/students. We also have a great PTA that is very involved.

Posted October 19, 2006
This school is exceptional. My son has mild learning disabilities and we have worked very closely with many members of the Mathewson staff evaluating him. I can not say enough about the level of service we have received. The PTA is super-involved and the kids learn in a loving environment. My son has always been thrilled to go to school, regardless of who him teacher was. And the facilities are great.

Posted September 16, 2004
I've heard nothing but rave reviews for this school. It's one of the 2 reasons why we moved into the school district. The kids love their teachers and also believe it's an awesome school. Pta is very strong! great community.

466 West River St, Milford, CT  06460