Meadowside School 1

Posted October 29, 2014
I would never want my child in a school system run on fear, and not facts. The superintendent and principal are complete morons, and should have their heads checked. I hope they are sued for violating the constitution. The phrase that comes to mind when thinking of this lousy institution, is the Salem witch hunt.

Meadowside School 4

Posted August 14, 2014
Meadowside has been a great school, thanks to a winning combination of caring teachers and an awesome principal. Unfortunately, Principal Davis recently left Meadowside, to lead a Bethany school. The school start is just a few weeks away, and they have not yet found a replacement, although they spent the summer looking for one. What the new principal will be like remains to be seen. To those saying that the curriculum is dry, please understand that the schools are having "Common Core" shoved down their throats and all of the teachers are afraid of losing their jobs if the children do not perform like trained monkeys on the new tests. Common Core is untested curriculum and it profits no one but Bill Gates and his cronies, who are making billions annually on this fiasco. Since when does a technology geek get the right to decide what every child in this country must learn? And to go so far as to make professional teachers fear for their careers if the children do not live up to these dry, dumbed-down standards...beyond ridiculous. Hopefully this will quickly pass, like the "New Math" did in the 70's.

Meadowside School 2

Posted April 26, 2011
I agree that the way the curriculum is presented is not very creative. Students return home with piles of dittoes. The experience lacks meaning and I would prefer more creative inquiry. My child comments on the lack of friendliness with the adults. The teaching style tends to isolate the opportunity allowing children to learn from children. I would like more of an environment with positive reinforcement rather than displaying the children in front of others when an incident occurs while often minor. A third grade teacher announced to her classroom that SHE thinks it is babyish that they bring toys to school (to use during recess). I would like to see more developmental understanding of what children need to be healthy participants in our world. Learning to appreciate and accept differences by allowing the classroom to open up to the personality differences may be another way. School is very teacher centered. I also feel that discipline seems to interfere with personality preferences therefore discriminating. In the classroom I noticed the larger percentage of students were dependent with thinking skills and had difficulty solving basic problems where solutions would never be wrong.

Posted February 08, 2010
This is a great school. They have skilled, dedicated and talented teachers like Miss Jaggers and such a wonderful principal who has a gift for being very kind but very firm at the same time. My son really Loves to go to school and he has developed a reading skill level of 24, where 10 is the expected skill level for a 1st grade child. I am really thankful to Meadowside school and the teachers for all their help, co-operation and guidance provided to us

Meadowside School 0

Posted November 07, 2009
My child just started school and it has been a great experience for the whole family.

Posted March 26, 2008
It's really a Great school with talented teachers like Miss Sanders and Mrs. Federicks. I got transferred from India to US and was really worried about studies of my Son Varun Gupta, there were so many questions, worries coming in our mind about US education and how my son will adjust here but after meeting teachers, principal at Meadowside and seeing the atmosphere of Meadowside school, all my worries were gone. My son really Loves to go to school everyday, I am seeing lot of change in his attitude and behaviour. He is not only learning regular course but also he gets learning on other aspects of life like how to care for others, how to respect seniors, parents etc. I am really thankful to Meadowside school and the teachers for all their help, co-operation and guidance provided to us. Manish Gupta Varsha Gupta

Posted December 05, 2007

Posted July 13, 2007

Posted July 10, 2007
What a great school! We have such dedicated and talented teachers and such a wonderful principal who has a gift for being very kind but very firm at the same time. The chldren respect him and follow his direction to the letter! The children at this school learn to be very respectful, caring young citizens, who are not only challenged in the classroom, but who are also challenged by the staff to treat each other kindly and to respect themselves and their peers as well as adults. The buddy system is a great learning tool for all grades and it is so nice to see the different age levels working together on various projects and helping each other throughout the day. We also have excellent fine arts and enrichment activities and the parents at the school are so involved and welcomed. I could go on and on about this great school!

Meadowside School 0

Posted July 03, 2007
This is a great school. Wonderful Principal. Very caring teachers. May daughter has done wonderful at this school for the last two years. The one thing I love about The Principal is the fact that he encourages all the children to do their best. The children are very friendly. As to the food allergy rule, I think it's important to have. I certainly don't want anything to happen to my child. As to the curriculum, there is nothing boring at Meadowside. My child loves the school and always tells me funny stories.

Meadowside School
80 Seeman's Ln, Milford, CT  06460
Last modified Meadowside School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadowside School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top