Bad
Good

my child switched into Orange ave half way through the school year. the move and transition to Orange Avenue was the best thing that could have happened. By the end of the year my child had learned to read and write sentences. My child has grown both mentally and socially at Orange Avenue. The staff is GREAT and the commiunity is even better.

We recently moved from Virginia to Connecticut due to my husbands' job. From the very beginning all of the staff was wonderfully nice and helpful! My daughter LOVES her teacher. She has made SO MUCH progress in even just the short time we've been here!

Orange Avenue has wonderful teachers and quality leadership in house. We have active parents and a nice student population. The overall system however, Milford Schools, is so antiquated in it's philosophy that our students are experiencing a disservice. We are failing to achieve state minimum standards no one seems too terribly bothered by it. There is a continuing theme of 'intent to improve', but the system stays on the same course, so how can real change occur. Milford schools are not respected by surrounding communities, and for good reason. We need change in the top levels of leadership.

I have been a parent at this school for 9 years, my children have received an excellent education, they have had wonderful social interactions and will be better people for their experiences they had at Orange Avenue School. There is no 'in' crowd at Orange Avenue School, just parents that are involved in their children's education and school experience and parents that are not. There are many strong personalities, but the common theme is to promote the best education that we can get for our children. The Drama Club is open to all students that attend the school, 100% parent participation is expected and required to put on such large productions. There is no clique, just again the parents that roll up their sleeves and the parents that do not.

As a parent and a teacher I appreciate the quality of education and personal dedication that the staff at Orange Ave. school provides for my son. The curriculum includes many varied activities that engage the students and presentations that the parents are able to attend throughout the year.

Last modified Orange Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2