Monroe, CT

Stepney Elementary School 5

Posted July 01, 2015
Finally found a school for our children :-) My daughter is developing her reading like never before, she is going to fifth grade. My son is doing great, they always give him the encouragement that he needs to learn, he is going to fourth grade.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 01, 2015
A very nice school with wonderful Professionals Working and engage with parents,  my kids are happy here, and are receiving attention as they need, we are very pleased with their way to walk by parent's side.

Posted May 01, 2010
I am very please w Susan Austin, Mrs Mulally and John Bevelaqua very very supportive to my son

Stepney Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2008
I have been very happy with the education my children have received at this school. They ae challenged when they need to be and given help when they need it. High parental involvement. Principal very caring.

Stepney Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
We have been delighted with Stepney. We moved to Monroe from a neighboring town (Easton) and enrolled our younger son in Stepney (and our older in Jockey Hollow). I have found Sue Ebdon (Principal) to be a true child advocate who values input from both faculty and parents when evaluating what is 'best' for each student. Teacher quality is very good and the curriculum is both dynamic (not the same old stuff year in and year out) and age appropriate. The before school and after school extracurricular activities are outstanding; no town in CT does it better! The school is well managed and the facility is well maintained. Both of our boys have had terrific experiences academically and socially. Overall, we are very pleased with the Monroe schools.

Stepney Elementary School 2

Posted December 19, 2005
We were disapointed in Stepney. Lack of individualized curriculum (little tracking, few advanced programs, no gifted). Nice leadership, but felt that noone was really at bat for my daughter.

180 Old Newtown Rd, Monroe, CT  06468
Last modified Stepney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stepney Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top