Posted May 12, 2011
This is my first year at culer and it is the best i would never want to go any were else. I love all the teachers and the sports are the best all but one track you over do your self in that sport. The teachers are the best i learned alot from them, they take to time to teach you i needed that time because in 5th grade i was not taught very well in thae area of all core subjects and the teachers care and i am now a A+ student in all classes. i wouldn't want to go any were else but here. For all that go here learn all you can a study real hard and do you best. I learned that there is no real diffrence betden a C- and an A+ if you tryed you hardest. I think the princpals could work a little harder on the rules but over all best school ever.

Posted May 08, 2010
This has been my first year at cutler middle school and everyone is an equal. i enjoy how the teachers are serious about your education and are very involved. the school is very serious about doing your homework and paying attention. you can join clubs and do sports like softball, track, cross country and more. i will give this 5 stars because of everything this school does for you. just remember that you have to listen to the rules and try your best. thank you Mr.Grimes for helping me with math and having me try my best. i also thank Ms.Panucci because she is a fun teacher and i am always happy when it comes to social studies. Ms.Brink is also a great teacher i don't know anyone that teaches science better then this woman. every one of these teachers make learning fun and interesting. Go Cutler!

Posted February 04, 2009
i think that this is the best school ever and the principal does a great job running a school. the teachers are so loving and loyal and really want to make the kids better learners

Posted September 09, 2008
Cutler truely brings middle school th the next level. From connetions to Hollywood to the amazing music program, I recomend Cutler to anyone

Posted November 17, 2007

Posted August 26, 2007
I loved this school more than any thing. Last year was my last year at Cutler. What I believe is the best part of this school is it's music program. It has a normal concert band and chorus, but then it has an advanced choir and the best jazz band around. Last year we won gold in the annual Colchester Jazz Festival for the 10th year in a row! I partiipated in all of those events. We also have a small, budding orchestra program. Everybody learned in the academics. The teachers came up with the coolest projectts. In Eniglish we had to write and produce a movie, which we then had an award ceramony for.We went through the entire math book during a school year, an none of the class started getting tired of it. Science was full of expirements and hands-on activities. And our sports have alway been the best!

Carl C. Cutler Middle School 1

Posted May 27, 2007

Carl C. Cutler Middle School 2

Posted February 06, 2007

Carl C. Cutler Middle School 4

Posted August 19, 2005
- a former student
I finished in Cutler last year, and I feel as though it has a few good points, though they aren't in academics. The curriculum is weak except in math (comparatively to the district), but even then, the highest level is Algebra I. The music program is one of the best offered for a middle school. They have a jazz band which I participated in for two years which has earned the gold rating of the annual Colchester Jazz Festival 8 years in a row. They send more students to the Eastern Region Festival than most other schools. CMS has concert and jazz bands, concert and advanced choirs, and a new string orchestra program. The athletic program has been strong also the past years.

Carl C. Cutler Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2005
I am finishing my first year with CMS and I am extremely disappointed. The academic program is very weak. The Math and science program quality depends on a range of teaching skills - from average to incompetent, mostly below average. Although the school is trying to improve writing skills, the curriculum does not require teaching skilled writing, nor do the teachers want/know how to correct for it. CMS has 10 LA teachers, and a floating 'grammar specialist' (when did grammar get separated from Language Arts and what are those 10 other teachers teaching?) Unfortunately, one of their best teachers is retiring this year and the administration is changing, as well. Parents are not as involved as they could be and the principal does not lead efforts to promote school/community/family cooperation. The music program is wonderful, however, and the kids have a real chance to grow within it.

Carl C. Cutler Middle School
160 Fishtown Rd, Mystic, CT  06355
Last modified Carl C. Cutler Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carl C. Cutler Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top