Posted June 16, 2013
My children have attended SB Butler for 5 years. We are very happy with the school. The teachers are fantastic and the administrators are as well. Butler provides a very nurturing environment for our kids with a good amount of individual attention when needed. Academically they are doing quite well. There is a great parent community as well with many PTO sponsored events. We have experienced nothing like the negative comments reflected in the old ratings here.

S. B. Butler School 1

Posted October 21, 2008

Posted March 17, 2008

S. B. Butler School 2

Posted January 02, 2008
My child has attended SBB since third grade and is now in his final year there in fifth grade. I am very disappointed, not only with the teachers, lack of leadership from the principal, but the academic program is very weak. SBB offers no secondary language, and maybe has 1 maybe 2 computers in the classrooms. The science carriculum is very poor. I just don't see where the money is going to bring the school up to where it needs to be. Plus, I have never seen so many fundraisers in my life. I also feel that the teachers morale is low. Not happy with this school.

S. B. Butler School 4

Posted March 26, 2007

S. B. Butler School 3

Posted March 18, 2007
I feel sorry for the teachers with a principal that does not seem to give any drive to this school. My child has not done very well at this school from a grade A student to a child that doesn't care about school or enjoying going anymore, thank goodness for orchestra it give the children the drive they need. This school you would think would be great, But no don't bother go somewhere else.This schools lacks drive....

Posted May 19, 2006
This school is amazing! It has great teachers who care about their students and very kind aids. The education is great and so are the music and reading programs. Your children also have a lot of fun

S. B. Butler School 1

Posted February 08, 2006
This academically ruined my children. My child had to stay back because of lack of education. The teachers are nasty and the aids are worst. Bullies are a huge problem. The have one of the worst reading programs in the state. I would not recommend this school to anyone who wishes their child get a good education.

S. B. Butler School 4

Posted January 26, 2006
My child been in this school for all of her elementry years. The school has great teachers who really care about what is going on with the childrens academics. I have been to several open houses and I only wish that school was like this when I grew up. The only downfalls are that the parking is a mess and the school needs to be brought into the 21st century as far as being able to acomodate the number of students there. School security seems a bit slacking as well. They should also make an effort to keep divorced and seperated parents informed of childrens education progress as well.

S. B. Butler School 3

Posted April 17, 2005
As a parent of SB Butler school, I think this school is average. It lacks a certain charisma that better schools have. Kids at this school are just a number. Kids do not get punished in this school, and bullies are always a problem.

S. B. Butler School
155 Ocean View Ave, Mystic, CT  06355
Last modified S. B. Butler School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
S. B. Butler School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top