PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I attened St. Hedwig many years ago, but I have MANY fond memories. The teachers and staff were always nice and if you got in trouble, you knew why and excepted responsibility for your actions. You had a "fear" of getting in trouble (although the most "horrifying" punishment I ever experienced was writing 10 times "I will not talk during class") When I was in 4th or 5th grade, I was reading on an 8th grade level. The classes were small and we were able to get more one on one time with our teachers. As a person with a teaching degree, I know the value of smaller classrooms.

Why do you love St. Hedwig School?

In response to some of the negative reviews posted, as a parent of two children of St. Hedwig School, one recent graduate, one still attending, my overall opinion of the school is very good. As with any institution, there will be some aspects which will always need improvement. Yes, over the last few years there have been too many changes in principal, but Dr. Salatto has made a long term commitment with the archdiocese to stay. Already, in his first year, he has made many improvements, with more coming in the new school year, including hiring another part time teacher to begin separating the 5th and 6th grades into two separate classes. With only one exception, the teaching staff is outstanding!! They all have genuine caring for the students in their class and go above and beyond to see that they succeed.

I've been thrilled with St. Hedwig's! My daughter was there for kindergarten last year and is continuing on to 1st grade. I do agree with parent review posted 1/15/07 about the school lunches. I understand the prohibitive costs in hiring a lunch staff to prepare healthier lunches, but I find it hard to believe that they can't make healthier choices. I only purchase lunch 2-3 days per week and I pack her lunch the rest of the time. I do have some concern regarding the revolving door that appears to be affixed to the Principals office. The 08-09 year marks the third one at the school since 06-07 when we began looking in to the school. I concurr that the school is older and could use a 'revamp', but I'm not as concerned with aesthetics as I am with cleanliness and safety and I have no concern there.

St.Hedwig School is a place to send your kids if you want your kids to learn discipline they are very strict about discipline :)

I used to go there and it was cool but they need more activities!

I am a parent of 2 children who have attended St. Hedwig School for years. At first I was extremely happy with the school and all it had to offer. Over the years I am starting to see things in a different light. The principal is extremely unprofessional and does not handle important problems well. The school has had many teachers leave! The hot lunches are terrible and healthier options should be an alternative. The school is a sight for sore eyes and needs a complete makeover. There are no services available for children who are in need. The principle may tell you what you want to hear when you approach her on different issues but in reality she does nothing to solve problems ever! She plays by her own rules! Changes please!

This school does Not have much to offer. There is more dicipline then learning. My child went to this school until 5th grade. It was ok until then. I did not like how 5th graders had to do some 5th grade work and some 6th grade work and when they got into 6th grade the classes they took that were 6th last year they would have to take the 5th grade class of that that year and the classes they took the year before that were 5th grade classes then they would take the 6th grade classes. It was very unprofessional.They should have more teachers so each grade has its own teacher.I am so happy i took my child out of there when i did.It was the best choice i ever made! -Unhappy Parent

Last modified St. Hedwig School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8