Bad
Good

The school is well run, the teachers attentive, the children friendly and well behaved (of cource because of the teachers). My son regularly outperforms his peers who attend pre-school at both private and public schools at other districts. Parenting is a big huge of any child's education and I sincerely believe we're being superbly supported by the teachers and administrators at Central Avenue School.

I absolutely LOVE the staff at Central Avenue School. My son entered Central Avenue as a kindergartener and since the begining of the school year I have been very impressed by his teacher and staff. Very caring and willing to communicate with the parents. We are very pleased with the school.

I am giving this school a 4/5 star rating because of the dedicated faculty and wonderful, family friendly atmosphere enjoyed by the students, families and teachers. You would be hard pressed to find a school with more dedicated staff.

Come and walk through the doors, you'll be surprised how welcome parents are. PET is very active in this school. There are activities such as fairs, math night, movie night, and plenty more, usually at least 1 a month. Volunteering parents have an array of ways to help out from book fairs, coming in to read to a class, setting up activities, class trips...I love this school and think its pointless to move children ahead if they don't know what they're being taught. If you want to be actively involved in your child's education, this school is tops! As my son said, 'Parents are teachers too'

Our Naval Officer family traveled up and down the east coast. Our children have attended a variety of schools. We became a civilian family and moved to Trumbull, CT in Fairfield County. Two years later we moved to Naugatuck. We then placed 2 of our children in a private school. I'm not certain the reason Naugatuck School System gets a lower national average than Trumbull. Suspiscious. I do know sometimes BOE members play politics when it comes to their school ratings. However, the Naugatuck public schools have a much better curriculum. My 16 year old son attended JSA at Yale University over the summer. He then started a JSA Chapter at NHS. Our 12 year old daughter plays her flute at college level. She auditioned for the CT Regional Band. She was accepted in to the Orchestra. Only 3 were accepted. Our second grader is getting a great start!

Last modified Central Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-4