Posted October 01, 2014
I'm glad I didn't send my daughter to this school and opted to homeschool her instead. When dealing with the rude office staff has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth so to speak. I'm always very polite and respectful but I find their unnecessary condescending and rude tone very disrespectful. I just hope I never in a million years have to deal with them again. Thank You

City Hill Middle School 3

Posted June 26, 2014
I am a student currently attending CHMS, I do not like the schools principal, as he is very rude and intolerant towards the children. I do not care much for the assistant principle either. As she is also very rude. They can be rude at times but also they can be very nice people, just don't get in their bad side. I do recommend this school for your child, I have had many great memories here and have made several new friends. My test scores have gone up, but still I do not care much for the upper staff. Mainly all my teachers are nice, this year I have even been able to experience a year with who is my favorite teacher that I have ever had, Mr. Perez. I would find your child very lucky to have him. But back on track, I would recommend the school just be careful of the upper staff.

Posted November 17, 2011
I am not happy with this school as they tolerate bullying, harassment, foul language, and inappropriate behaviors from students toward other students. The staff act like they have no idea how to handle problems. The staff seem overwhelmed. I have also considered homeschooling or private school as an alternative. I would recommend avoiding this school as there is no dicipline in this building.

Posted May 16, 2011
This school is one of the worst I have ever seen!!!! I had to pull my child out to home school rather than have my child attend!!!!

City Hill Middle School 5

Posted November 16, 2007

City Hill Middle School 5

Posted August 02, 2007
City Hill Middle School is an excellent school. All of my son's test scores have gone up. He did great on his CMT's. The staff is very friendly and the teachers care for each student in each class. I was afraid my son wasn't going to do good this past year because we just moved in to the town of Naugatuck. But to my surprise he is doing better then he was in his previous school. My son has always liked Science but now he Loves it.

Posted March 29, 2007
My child transferred from a private school to attend City Hill. My oldest, now a junior, also attended City Hill. I have nothing but positive comments to share regarding this school. Academics, discipline, structure, and communication between the school and the parent is incredible. The City Hill staff will stop at nothing to ensure your child's well being. Our family has lots to compare City Hill to we were a military family until 2000. We've moved all over the East Coast.

City Hill Middle School 3

Posted August 24, 2005
The level of education City Hill offers is really great; my son learned a lot from it. But the school lacks safety, my son was continuously getting harassed inside the classrooms and the teachers would not do anything, this includes both physical and verbal, he would talk to the counselors, even though they came up with many possible solutions, none of them ever worked, so I had to move my kid to another school.

City Hill Middle School
441 City Hill St, Naugatuck, CT  06770
Last modified City Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
City Hill Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top