Naugatuck, CT

Hillside Intermediate School 3

Posted August 17, 2015
The principal and teachers/staff provide structure for the students, but are the students acknowledge. What brings us to question and just amazes us as a parent(s) is minority students/students are not acknowledge. This review is in behalf parents whom have students whom give there all and are not acknowledge regardless of being a A/B student. My family and I was extremely shocked when our child and other parents discuss to us of their children that attend Hillside the ignorant rewards given to their children. Other parents and us were just extremely baffled in rewards like humming in class, etc... and a chocolate bar to go along with that award. Our child was sadden with no acknowledgement of being a A/B student. Our child informed that he does not hmmm in class that it was the student behind him. Other students whom are A/B students as well received ignorant rewards as well. Are the teachers aware of their students? Are they open minded to grasp and acknowledge students whom already have potential and/or can reach for more? Is it only based on behavior or "she/he said?" Are the students just being judged without being given the opportunity of seeing the students potential. In this new coming year of 2015-2016, will Hillside provide a newer advance structure curriculum? Will students be acknowledge or just misjudge? We have comfort with Hillside to a certain extent but we question will there be more positive changes. Hillside...we are still rooting for you...please make changes...

Posted February 19, 2014
The administration and faculty at Hillside are outstanding. My daughter is a very bright student and excels in most subject areas. Her teachers have worked hard to differentiate the classroom to make sure that she is appropriately challenged and engaged. The specials and clubs that are offered are diverse enough to allow the kids to take part in activities that interest them and help them to integrate in the school community. This is the ideal step between elementary and middle school education.

Hillside Intermediate School 2

Posted December 13, 2011
I am very pleased with the wonderful teachers of this school. The teachers are sweet and amazing and wonderful! i could not love them more. but when there is a real issue. the current principal is motivated to fight agains parents who disagree with him.

Posted June 16, 2010
I think that Hop Brook School is a very nice awsome school and a very clean kids are respectful

Hillside Intermediate School 3

Posted May 09, 2009
Hop Brook is a good school to go to. But unfourtunly Naugatuck does not offer gifted child programs and the schooling is not the greatest but that's not the school's fault.

Posted April 13, 2009
I am i student here in 6th grade tye teacers are great te are very strict all my brothers and sisters wnt hre i am in te silvr team got Mz.Lone s a teacher tell yu 1 ting about her she dont mess around neiter does te oer teachers tey are so funny but dnt get on thir bd side and also te principal is really strict but tey make sure we kno as much as our lil brains can hole i am gooing to miss it wen we 6th graders leave

Posted October 03, 2006
Both my daughters were in Preschool here before we left Naugatuck. It was a great experience, and I was sorry to leave. The children were treated with respect and care. And both of them got the special services they needed. In fact the naugatuck evaluations and assessments helped us get what we needed in our new town/school.

Hillside Intermediate School 4

Posted February 23, 2006
This school is a good one. My son has had alot of problems,,medically and the guidance counslor and the teachers has been so supportive trying to help him..I would like to thank mrs.A for all her help keep up the wonderful job!

Hillside Intermediate School
51 Hillside St, Naugatuck, CT  06770
Last modified Hillside Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillside Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top