Bad
Good

The oldest comment on this list can't be further from the truth. I have had one child go through this school several years ago, and currently have another child in this school. While it is indeed an old building, the staff of this school could not possibly be more supportive of their students, or more caring. The teachers go well above and beyond their responsibilities with clubs like "Book Talk", etc. The principal takes ALL concerns very seriously, and I could not be more pleased with her. My older son had some social adjustment difficulties when he was younger, and he received all of the assistance necessary to become a well adjusted young man, who was a high honors student athlete throughout middle school and high school. I directly attribute his success to the principal and staff of Sale3m School. My child who is currently in Salem is given many challenges beyond the classroom, in order to help develop his individual talents. Great school.

I love the teachers at this school! They are pleasant and go the extra mile for their students. I have concerns about the helpers at the school (the paraprofessionals) as I personally have heard them speak down to some of the children on numerous occassions. Now I am not saying all these kids were perfect but I personally wouldn't speak to an adult the way they speaks to kids. I love the school, teacher, and principal. I just wish the paraprofessionals had a little more patience.

I just read the review of Salem School, and other than the description of the building, I would have thought it was another school in another town. We intentionally bought our home in the Salem School district, and have not regretted our decision once. We have received appropriate personal guidance on education and medical issues that have faced our children. I have found the atmosphere to be warm and welcoming. I have been invited to help out numerous times, all with happy results. My children look forward to their day there and I always enjoy the dinner conversations we have about what they did and what they learned that day. I am happy and pleased with their educational achievements over the years. Keep in mind, my children are not perfect, and have had to be disciplined at times, but it has always been deserved and suitable.

I tend to disagree with the last comment posted. For the years I have known not only the school (which I feel I know better than most others) I find that the school is a wonderful place for the children, with a staff that truly cares about the well being, happiness and education of them. As for the principal, I have a high admiration for the manner that she manages the school and her deep caring for each and every student.

Last modified Salem School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.