Western School 1

Posted July 16, 2012
This school came highly recommended from my neighbors and I was so disappointed. My daughter's teacher was unfriendly. She spent most of her time complaining about my daughter during parent-teacher conferences, instead of discussing my child's strengths and areas that need improvement, like a professional teacher would. It turns out my daughter has special needs which were discovered once we changed schools. Her special needs went unnoticed at Western School. She complained of bullying and once was hurt by another child who was throwing furniture during a tantrum in the classroom. The teacher failed to inform me about the incident I had to find out from my daughter. Once I moved to another state and saw the kind of work my child was doing in the new school and compared it to Western School, I then realized how far behind this school is from the rest of the state as far as high standards and challenging curriculum is concerned. My child is happy at her new school because her needs are addressed, teachers care about her and still have high standards for her despite her challenges.

Posted May 01, 2012
What can I say? Western is the BEST ELEMENTARY school In Naugatuck. Love Love the Principal,and My daughter attended western frm K-4, and In June of 2011, when my daughter entered grade five I was so sad I had tears in my eyes the day we Left Western also :( I highly recommend this school,as they were wonderful with my daughter and helped her in every way they could. and I miss all of them Dearly. A former Western Mom n Daughter

Posted February 27, 2012
My kids love Western School!!!! The principal is amazing and the staff always goes well beyond their job tittles. I have never meet a more caring and loving staff then the one at Western. There are so many things that help the kids both in and out if the classroom. My family will be sad the day that we leave Western School.

Western School 4

Posted February 26, 2012
Western School has been a wonderful experience for our family. The principle is the best of the best! She has set the bar high for the students while boosting their self esteem and independance. The teachers have an open line of communication and the Western parents participate like none I've ever seen. I would reccomend this school to anyone. I will be sad when my family moves on!

Posted June 24, 2011
When my daughter started Kindergarten at Western nearly two years ago, one of the first things that I noticed about the school is the how involved the principal is and how attentive, yet personable she is to students. It's not often one finds that rare mix of discipline tempered with kindness and concern. She genuinely cares about the educational needs of these students, and it shows in the teachers she's hired and how happy and thriving the children are. She also seems to understand that education starts and begin with parents, and no matter how rigorous and challenging a curriculum, and no matter how intelligent a student, parents are arguably the most important influence on a child's education. And parental involvement is not only welcomed, but also encouraged at Western school. I grew up in the Fairfield school system, which at the time was rated one of the best. And I can honestly say that my daughter's experience at Western reminds me a lot of my own grammar school education. I'd wholeheartedly recommend this school to others.

Posted May 22, 2010
Strong principal/school leadership. She always has time to talk to the parents about the child. She has a very genuine concern about the children at Western School. Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 17, 2009
I completly disagree with the parent statement below. She obviously believes she is superior and would not be happy with any school. The curriculum at Western is based on national and state standards. I too and am educator and believe that there are high expectations for all students who attend Western School. The school's CMT scores went up this year and they achieved Safe Harbor. That speaks for itself. I highly recommend this school!

Western School 0

Posted December 17, 2009
I too am an educator and completly disagree with the e-mail below. The curriculum at Western School is based on national and state standards. The children made gains on CMT this school year and Western achieved Safe Harbor. It sounds like the parent below believes she is superior and would never be happy. As an educator I am offended by the comment below 'the so called best kindergarten teacher' My children are held to high academic standards and I would recommend Western School to other parents!

Western School 0

Posted September 01, 2009
The principal is excellent. She has a huge reading inititive going on right now. I expect this number to jump greatly. My kids are having an excellent experience at Western!

Western School 1

Posted May 19, 2009

Western School
100 Pine St, Naugatuck, CT  06770
Last modified Western School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top