New Britain, CT

Posted April 26, 2013
I went to sacred heart church school since preschool and graduated in 8th grade it was a good experience the food was great teachers are nice the principal is really nice but the learning was a bit harsh like 1 percent was harsh i really hope you guys would have fun there three or two more things i won the science fair then i went to the state science fair country science fair i won all of them hope you will have fun posted by me a student

Sacred Heart School 2

Posted January 11, 2012
I agree with the review that says thinking for yourself is not allowed. Definitely true. Favoritism is also common. Anything that was ever (unrightfully) confiscated was never returned to me and claimed to have "never made it to the office" from the teacher. Yes, there are some teachers that genuinely cared for the students well being and educatuin (miss kulinsky - you rock!) but then there are ones who get some sort of sick satisfaction of making their students lives miserable (yes, im looking at you Eisner) Also, for gods sake change the lunch menu its been the same hot dog pizza and pasta for 20 years.

Posted October 15, 2009

Posted November 12, 2008

Sacred Heart School 0

Posted October 04, 2007
I've been a student in SHS since kindergarten. It's my last year, and i have no clue what i will do wthout my former classmates. Yes, we had our ups & downs, but we got over it, and just made more enjoyable memories of our last years. SHS has been a great experience for me. Of course the first few years i didn't enjoy going to school in general. The uniforms didn't make it any better doing to school everyday ,but then as i look back i don't think i regret one thing. Well except for not studying for a few tests. The teachers are great and they all taught me a valuable lesson as each year went by. I will live each day of school to the fullest because no other school can compare to this one. Ill miss everyone !! <33 xoxo

Posted May 31, 2007
My Child spent 8 years at SHS, graduating in 2005. SHS has high expectations and standards, and a staff that is dedicated and caring and develops the whole child, not just the academics. Their 'Special Class', gifted program allows select students the opportunity to learn about many challenging topics. My childs new HS (also Catholic)PALES by comparison. As a PUBLIC SCHOOL educator for over 30 years, I have no regrets about my decisions re SHS.

Posted July 06, 2006
It has been 20 yrs since I graduated from Sacred Heart School. My Sister and brother also graduated from there. My sister sent her 2 children there and they have recently graduated from Sacred Heart School. I decided to also send my child there and she actually started in the Pre-K program. She loves going to school. The teachers are great. I went on and graduated from college with no problems. I would highly recommend sending your child to Catholic school. They have great sports for the kids, soccer and basketball. and many clubs for the kids to participate in. I remember also the great field trips.

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted May 12, 2006

Posted March 14, 2005
My children attend Sacred Heart and I have never had a problem with them not liking it. The program is great. Compared to public schools, I believe that they are well advanced in education. They do not allow any kind of bulling which I find comforting knowing that my child won't be picked on. They offer challenging advanced classes for children that are above the grade level and that need a challenge. The children go on fun class trips 2-3 times a year. The only sport that is offered is basketball but they have a great gym program. Overall, I wouldn't send my children to any other school. I feel comfortable with them attending Sacred Heart School and know that they are getting a great education.

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted December 25, 2004
Great school if u consider thinking not to be part of education. Discipline and punish was the game. Clety not interested in funding school but rather fatten themselves. Shame to see the collapse of Catholic education.

Sacred Heart School