New Britain, CT

Posted August 26, 2015
I have two children at Diloreto. Mr. Ortiz is a great leader and caring Principal. He has an "open-door" policy and is quick to respond to emails and phone calls. The teachers are fantastic. The pre-k has passed state qualification exams the last 5-years! There is a SLD (Spanish Language Development) program that allow students to take general academic courses in English and learn Spanish as a second language. In 8th grade, students can take Spanish 1 final exam or Spanish 2 final exam. If they pass they can then get those credits in highschool. Once at NBHS, students can take AP Spanish 4 or UCONN Spanish and get college credits when they pass course and end of year exam. Class sizes have been reduced and the culture has changed significantly. Once at NBHS, my children can take courses in the AOF (academy of finance) or the health academy. Or any of the other 19 AP classes that are offered at NBHS which is more than any other school in the state of CT!

Posted August 12, 2015
I made the right choice in selecting this school for my daughters both honor roll students. I also have 2 cousins that have kids who attend here too, honor roll students as well (runs in the family). The teachers care about the kids. The school principal cares about the parents and students. The school is very safe. If you plan to pick up your child early for any doctors appointments be sure to arrive there early because it takes about 20-30 minutes to get buzzed into the office, wait for staff to attend you & verify identity & call your child's classroom after figuring out where they are. It's like a prison in there! In a way it's good because I know my child is very safe in there. This school deserves a number 10 rating! I give them a 5 star!

Posted April 26, 2010
It is one of the best and leading Dual Language Schools in the area. The faculty and staff is dedicated to teaching and caring for the children.

Posted April 22, 2010
It is a dual language immersion Spanish language school with dedicated and innovative teachers who make learning both challenging and fun. Teachers and parents are committed in helping their children become the future ambassadors of the world.

Posted September 25, 2009
Diloreto was a great beginning for my child who is now in high school. My nephew also attends Diloreto and the magnitude of education provided is tremendous!

Posted August 25, 2008
I have been a parent of children that have attended DiLoreto since 1999. I have to say I am really disappointed in the direction the school is taking. Having a new smaller learning community in a district that has already been failing is not the way to improve test scores. I hope to et my children out of DiLoreto before it fails them further.

Posted November 01, 2007
I used to go to this school. It was amazing and everyone was so nice to me! I loved it there!!

Diloreto Magnet School 4

Posted November 26, 2006
My daughter and I moved from New York February 2005. Due to all the changes going on all at once, I was a nervous wreck in regards to having my daughter attend a new school. She has been attending Diloreto for one year and 4 months and I must say, I have made a great choice in having my daughter surrounded with such wonderful teachers and staff. It was made things much easier to handle. I normally dont contribute to the 'parent statements' portions but I know, school feedback helped me choose a school for my kid. I hope it can help the next parent seeking the same information.

732 Slater Rd, New Britain, CT  06053
Last modified Diloreto Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Diloreto Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top