Posted September 24, 2010
I think this is one of the better schools in New Britain. The principle is a great leader, he cares about his students and is doing a lot to motivate them and challenge them to succeed. He really is "hands on" principle and great educator. There is many good teachers that go the extra mile to help our kids, but there is also some teachers that only do the minimum, nothing extra - but I guess those types are everywhere. (In my opinion teachers should be evaluated on their performance, how they teach and how they approach the kids). The True Teachers will do everything for their students to succeed, even stay after hours for free (I knew some of those teacher when I was in school). But overall I like the way the principle leads his school, He is a strong principal and an excellent leader.

Holmes School 4

Posted November 10, 2009

Posted October 18, 2009

Holmes School 0

Posted August 31, 2009
This School seems organized at first but when I went to numerous meetings concerning my son, needing special services. There staff did not stick the original plan. First day of school, my son was basically rejected by his original teacher, who assured me that the best thing for him was to be left back and left under her care in her class. If the parent is willing to do what it takes for their childs education, then the Teacher should not make empty promises.

Posted August 25, 2009

Holmes School 2

Posted May 06, 2009

Holmes School 1

Posted January 07, 2008

Holmes School 0

Posted November 14, 2007
This school has a wonderful staff of teachers. I think the fourth and fifth grade classes are some of the best in the entire district, and I should know as I have been in all of the elementary schools in the district. The staff is willing to lend support to a visiting teacher. The principal seems genuinely concerned about the success of his students. While, I think, early on when mainstreaming special education students was a new thing, it might have appeared chaotic, but now that everybody has settled into the idea of the mainstreaming issue, I think it has become better organized. I think this is a very well run school.

Holmes School 2

Posted October 06, 2004
This school is very unorganized in regards to their special educational classes. Needs major improvement in providing a better curriculum for students in Special education.

Holmes School
2150 Stanley St, New Britain, CT  06053
Last modified Holmes School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holmes School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top