New Britain, CT

Lincoln School 2

Posted July 26, 2014
Some of the teachers in this school love their job and others just seem like they just don't care about the children. I had a meeting with the principal and the whole time I was speaking all he was saying was, "yup, yup", this made me feel like what I was saying was going in one ear and out the other. He made me feel like my daughter and I were worthless, i even started crying because of the was he was acting. I care about my daughters education and feel this principal should not be part of the education department. Needless to say, I ended up going to tje Broad of Education to speak to someone and finally was treated like a human not a animal.

Posted January 04, 2013
I used to go to Lincoln Elementary School and let me tell you that was the best academic experience of my life! I was in the Scholastic program and we took many educational yet fun field trips. The teachers are very involed with the students and push them to do harder. After I finished my fifth grade year in Lincoln I premoted to the sixth grade at Slade Middle. I was the most experienced student and I knew the material well for my elementary teachers had already taught us the material. Lincoln School helped me to get good grades in middle school and remain on the honor roll. I stongly recommend you send your child to Lincoln School. It's probably the best elementary school in New Britain!

Posted June 15, 2010
My son just finished Kindergarten @ Lincoln & he loved it. His teacher was great, caring, & kept channels of communication open all year. She had 24 children in her class but still there was order. He was one of the best readers in his class, actually read on 2nd grade level. But I also did a lot of work @ home with him, we read 3 books a night since he was2 yrs old. Twice weekly we went to the library. Once weekly we went to a children's museum or event. I set high expectations so he has a clear definition of what he needs to do. Now he is going into the Scholastic Academy for 1st grade. These teachers cannot raise our children, we need to meet them half way.

Posted September 28, 2009
My Daughter is enrolled in the Scholastic Academy at Lincoln School. Im very happy they can acknowledge the advanced children and take action.

Lincoln School 0

Posted August 01, 2009
Pre school teachers are soooooooo nice here. My son finishes his pre school education this year in Lincoln school. He has learned a lot from here.

Lincoln School 1

Posted July 28, 2009
It seemed as though my daughter was more of a test subject rather than getting a good formal education. That's why we are moving her to another school

Posted November 01, 2008
im a proud ex-student from lincoln school n i loved it the teachers were so NICE i missed that school a lot... the penpals project is awsome!!!!!!!! i learned all the english i know from there...

Lincoln School 0

Posted August 09, 2008
I went to this school years ago and am glad I took my children out of this school.The teacher's are wonderful but the principal has a lack of support for children and parents.She cares more about her self than her school.The children aren't learning up to there potential.

Lincoln School 3

Posted August 07, 2007

Posted April 02, 2007
The children have all done well at Lincoln. There are many excellent teachers there. Working with the children at home and encouraging reading were critical to each child's success. Parents need to be actively involved in the learning process and the school community. Lincoln School provides an excellent opportunity for children to learn and working with children at home provides insurance for each child's success!

Lincoln School
145 Steele St, New Britain, CT  06052
Last modified Lincoln School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top