Bad
Good

Some of the teachers in this school love their job and others just seem like they just don't care about the children. I had a meeting with the principal and the whole time I was speaking all he was saying was, "yup, yup", this made me feel like what I was saying was going in one ear and out the other. He made me feel like my daughter and I were worthless, i even started crying because of the was he was acting. I care about my daughters education and feel this principal should not be part of the education department. Needless to say, I ended up going to tje Broad of Education to speak to someone and finally was treated like a human not a animal.

I used to go to Lincoln Elementary School and let me tell you that was the best academic experience of my life! I was in the Scholastic program and we took many educational yet fun field trips. The teachers are very involed with the students and push them to do harder. After I finished my fifth grade year in Lincoln I premoted to the sixth grade at Slade Middle. I was the most experienced student and I knew the material well for my elementary teachers had already taught us the material. Lincoln School helped me to get good grades in middle school and remain on the honor roll. I stongly recommend you send your child to Lincoln School. It's probably the best elementary school in New Britain!

My son just finished Kindergarten @ Lincoln & he loved it. His teacher was great, caring, & kept channels of communication open all year. She had 24 children in her class but still there was order. He was one of the best readers in his class, actually read on 2nd grade level. But I also did a lot of work @ home with him, we read 3 books a night since he was2 yrs old. Twice weekly we went to the library. Once weekly we went to a children's museum or event. I set high expectations so he has a clear definition of what he needs to do. Now he is going into the Scholastic Academy for 1st grade. These teachers cannot raise our children, we need to meet them half way.

My Daughter is enrolled in the Scholastic Academy at Lincoln School. Im very happy they can acknowledge the advanced children and take action.

Pre school teachers are soooooooo nice here. My son finishes his pre school education this year in Lincoln school. He has learned a lot from here.

It seemed as though my daughter was more of a test subject rather than getting a good formal education. That's why we are moving her to another school

im a proud ex-student from lincoln school n i loved it the teachers were so NICE i missed that school a lot... the penpals project is awsome!!!!!!!! i learned all the english i know from there...

I went to this school years ago and am glad I took my children out of this school.The teacher's are wonderful but the principal has a lack of support for children and parents.She cares more about her self than her school.The children aren't learning up to there potential.

The children have all done well at Lincoln. There are many excellent teachers there. Working with the children at home and encouraging reading were critical to each child's success. Parents need to be actively involved in the learning process and the school community. Lincoln School provides an excellent opportunity for children to learn and working with children at home provides insurance for each child's success!

My son is finishing out his first year at Lincoln. We came to Lincoln because we were unhappy with the parochial school that he went to last year. He did not like it there because he said that the teachers were mean. This year, his teacher is super. She uses positive reinforcement as discipline; she takes away privileges when she has to. But she is fair and caring towards her students. We feel that the teachers at Lincoln are excellent. If there was one thing I would change it would be to have a higher level of parent involvement. There are so many ways you can be involved at this school and the kids love it when a parent comes in to help. The school makes it easy to visit and volunteer through the Parent Room and the parent volunteer organizer. There are always concerts to attend and great workshops.

Last modified Lincoln School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.