Posted July 21, 2013
I was a student at NBHS class of "02" and now a parent. I was pushed by my guidance counselor to "withdraw" myself when i was of age to do so...some kind of guidance i was told to drop out just because of slipping grades? I was also told that i would never get into college! I was young and ignorant and at that time my parents where going through a divorce so i had no support so i decided to "withdraw" and completed my diploma through adult ED. This is when i met the best teacher i ever had! Mr. Bartlewski who is now retired. He was my english teacher and like my counselor! He gave so much encouragement. He told me not to give up and believed in the ones who had potential. I wish our school system could have more teachers like him! If every teacher could take something from Mr. Bartlewski and learn from it we could have more kids graduating!! My kids wont be attending high school in this town!! I have a brother and sister who also attended and had the same experience i had! There's no money in this town and they keep cutting budgets! Get out while you can and good luck!

New Britain High School 4

Posted July 04, 2013
I attended NBHS from 04-08. It is not a bad school in my opinion and my time there was plenty enjoyable since the teachers I had were committed to helping their students. I had graduated on time and with a B average and hung around with the "good crowd". The overpopulation is a HUGE issue, since it is the only public high school in the city. (I wont count E.C Goodwin) Really, there does need to be more parent/teacher cooperation and involvement to keep the students motivated and more importantly TO STAY IN THE BUILDING.

Posted May 17, 2012
I wish I could give NBHS 0 stars... I attended there for 4 years. I was at the top of my class (ranked 2nd out of 600 students who graduated). I played sports, was involved in many different clubs and activities, took all AP and Honors classes (with the exception of my language class, which was the only non-honors or non-AP class I ever took). The teachers were HORRIBLE. I had teachers specifically tell me that they didn't read our papers. I had a teacher who based her entire curriculum off of spark notes. Luckily, I was able to take several online classes (all AP's). I thought the most interesting thing about that was that I did four times as much work in the online classes as the SAME AP classes that my friends were taking at NBHS. I also passed AP tests that my friends didn't without even studying for the exams because I didn't take the classes at NBHS. I love it when I hear people talk about how great NBHS is and how you can get the same education as another school. That is entirely not true. I took classes online from non-NBHS teachers as well as at a boarding school. It is a TERRIBLE school. If I had a kid I would NEVER subject them so such LOW QUALITY of education.

New Britain High School 5

Posted February 04, 2010

New Britain High School 0

Posted November 18, 2009
My daughter left. She refused to go. Now she is in college. I feel awful because I could not control her high school experience. I find NB gives lip service to parental involvement, but they hate us and don't want to be bothered. I saw her guidance counselor for help on several ocassions and she was incompetent, and couldn't remember me. The teachers and staff are indifferent to students, there was no toilet paper in the bathrooms, the cafeteria is overcrowded so some kids don't get to eat, and it is generally a negative and foreboding experience. We should be ashamed of ourselves!

New Britain High School 4

Posted August 21, 2009
I'm going to be a sophomore, and I say this school is generally a very good one, although they couldn't do worse by entering assignments into the internet based progress tracker before students get home...a day after the assignment is given.

New Britain High School 2

Posted August 15, 2009

New Britain High School 3

Posted July 03, 2009
I think NBHS is a great school. I am a sophomore. Maybe its a bit overcrowded but i enjoy it more than any other schools i have been to. its not what people talk on the street a lot of fight and bad thigns. I only saw two fights my freshman year n nothing else thats bad.

New Britain High School 5

Posted April 23, 2009
I go to this school and i think NBHS prepares you for real life. Counselors do meet students, and you can check your progress online as well. Extracurricular is amazing in this school, providing clubs of all need. Security is better than ever, and in a school so big, you do need that much security. there are so many nationalities under one roof, the diversities provide you with opportunities. I participate in the marching band, aspira, FBLA, Madrigals/show choir, concert choir. There are parent association to join such as the PMA. in band parents help, and we call them the band mom's and dads. NBHS prepares you for life out of high school because believe or not parents your students college professor wont always tell them what they need to do, neither will their boss, they have to learn how to do things themselves. NBHS is awesome! and so are teachers.

Posted December 23, 2008

New Britain High School
110 Mill St, New Britain, CT  06051
Last modified New Britain High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Britain High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top