Bad
Good

Lack of communication and caring. My son's teacher doesn't care enough to be on top of her students regarding academic achievements. The vice principal is clueless. She never has answers always looking to others.

My school is Smalley Academy and I think it lacks manners and respect. I have caught teachers in lies and I am disappointed in the lack of resources. I like some of the teachers though but mostly I give it an "F".

Smalley is a great school my children are new to this school and Let me say my kids actually like going to school! The teachers are great and never hesitate to contact our to reach out to the parent if needed. I have a 4th, 3rd and 2nd grader there .

Get out of New Britain! The schools had the worst scores in the whole state of CT! Look it up! There's no money and they keep cutting on back on budgets. My daughter attended Smalley and this by far was the best school. The teachers care about the students! I had 3 different teachers in different years call me when they thought my daughter was slipping so they developed a system as a team to help my child and it worked! Thank you Mrs. Gagnon and all the other teachers who believed in my child! I won't allow my child to attend middle school or high school in this town. My family will be moving after my child completes 5th grade!

Smally Academy is a great school because of its faculty and students. The faculty work with families and children to ensure a positive learning experience and the students are civil and kind. Smally emphasizes math and science and both are important for future college experiences.

My daughter has attended Smalley for 5 yrs now and until this year I was pretty much satisfied. However the changes in the school the principal have disappointed me to the point that I am leaving New Britian to get my daughters the education they deserve

The school have shown very good progress in the past years and now someone desided to break the school apart. Dual Language is a wonderful program and Smalley will not be the same without it. Special thanks to my daughter's 3rd grade dual teachers for giving her encouragement and knowledge. We will see you at Diloreto next year.

I have nothing but good things to say about Smalley. My daughter was there last year for 'K' and now first grade. I have found the teachers to be wonderful. The kids are learning so much more than other public schools. Also, my daughter has some emotional problems and Mr. Santiago and now Ms. Fazio have been nothing but helpful and understanding

Smalley Academy is an great educational learning system that teaches kids behavior, responsibility and reading.

SMALLEY ACADEMY, is a great elementary school. The Board of Education don't care about this fact. They decide to redistrict the children next year, move the Dual Language to one elementary-middle school, and split the grades between other schools, keeping just the fourth and fifth grades!!! The principal for 22 years in this school, Mr. Santiago, is retiring because of this discriminatory desition against the children of this school. Smalley Academy is a MAGNET school, with normal program, Dual Language Program and Scholastic Program. The parents participate in many activities, and the teachers work tireless for the kids. But that is not important in the New Britain Board of Education. For twenty two years Mr. Santiago create this succesful enviroment, and the BOARD OF EDUCATION BUDGET deside is not important. 'No child left behind' cry some nahive people. Reality: let all children behind, and nobody will notice! SHAME OF THE SYSTEM!!

Last modified Smalley Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.