Bad
Good

Posted August 08, 2014
My Son and his father and I had a Wonderful experience here when our 5 year old entered kindergarten. His teacher is honestly one of the best humans I've ever met. Her love of teaching, her love of children is far and beyond what our expectations could have ever hoped for. The care,time, and patience the entire school systems staff have is AMAZING!!! Children with special needs will not ever "Fall Through The Cracks," or feel any stigma with their issues. Everyone from the Assistant principal, all the office staff, the school's social worker are all AMAZINGLY dedicated, caring ,compassionate , patient and ON THE BALL. We had to move over the summer, and one of our most "bittersweet" things about moving an hour away is not being able to keep our son in this school,but we are confident that he will succeed, because of the remarkable Kindergarten experiences he had.

Vance School

Posted May 13, 2008
I have 2 children that go to vance. The school and staff are great but the new principal is not. She runs the school like a corporation. Vance is a wonderful neighborhood school that needs a warm, loving compassionate person to run it. It is sad to see the wonderful warm family atmosphere that was established by the previous principal disappear. :(

Posted January 03, 2008
I have three kids that go to vance and I had my oldest going there for six years and it was wonderful but now that they have a new principle I really don't like how she running things, they really need to do something about it. but other than that I love that school.

Posted June 25, 2007
My daughter just graduated the 5th grade from this school. Now my youngest daughter will be entering Vance and I am completely confident in this schools ability to educate her. They have great administrators and teachers to guide your child along the way. They have always handled any disciplinary or educational issues in a respectful and professional manner. It is evident to me that the they truly care about the children they educate. I look forward to another six years of doing business with this school and watching my little girl develop socially and educationally.

Vance School 3

Posted December 02, 2006
This school was awesome when my daughter went (1999-2000) and it was a wonderful experience. However with my son attending and a new principle it has really changed. This year is better than last year, teachers make a huge differance. With everything in consideration, I am still fond of Vance and the programs it has to offer.

Posted January 06, 2005
Vance Village is a wonderful school.I have two boys that attend and they love it.The micro society is especially great.The teachers and staff are all wonderful and parents are free to stop in at anytime.Vance is the best elementary school in New Britain and i am very happy my kids got to be a part of that.

Vance School
183 Vance St, New Britain, CT  06052
Last modified Vance School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.