New Canaan, CT
After care: No

Posted December 14, 2012
It's a nearly perfect school, and our choice after a thorough search. Their motto is "service" and one sees St. Luke's strive to "Be the change you want to see in the world." Fundamental decency here is VERY attractive throughout, as are the tailored academic STEM, Global Scholar, and Classics diplomas, the superb campus grounds, and user-friendly buildings. Most teachers seem absolutely terrific. Admissions folk are intelligent and helpful.--Crits: No fan of consumer marketing, the video and materials for prospectives are too sales-manipulative and not factual enough. (The school is better than that.) Some retro gender attitudes effect administration, academics, student life, and public forum. If SLS hires a gender advocate to tweak awareness along the lines of their sucessful ethnic and racial diversity program, they'll be closer to perfect. Sincerely trying to be the best school ever, an impulse we all endorse.

Posted October 05, 2012
My child is a senior now. For any parent who has second thoughts about this school, I suggest to really take a look at how much the students LOVE this school. The guidance and support this school gives is second to none. We live in Greenwich, CT and happily make the trip each morning to school. This school has surpassed my expectations.

Posted May 12, 2010
Two of three of our children attended St. Luke's. They only attended grades nine through twelve. However, they really blossomed academically. The teachers are caring and available for extra help anytime. The headmaster has done an excellent job of pushing the envelope so the students and teachers always strive to do better. We are very satisfied with the colleges our children eventually attended and the fields they chose to study. They can look forward to a bright future in the sciences because of everything they learned at St. Luke's. I would recommend the school to anyone who wants a quality education in a caring environment.

Posted February 23, 2010
I work at the school, and I'm also a parent. I worked at the school for a few years before my children came, and frankly, I was a little concerned. What if the school wasn't as good as I thought? And believe me, I thought it was a great school. However, the opposite happened ... the school was even better than I could have ever imagined. It's been transformational for both my children. I'm grateful each and every day that my children can be inspired by great teachers who know them well and care about them. The friends they have made are also wonderful children from terrific families. It's a friendly, down to earth place where everyone can thrive -- students, families, faculty, community.

St. Luke's School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Why not? it is the most amazing school. we have great sports, education, and extracurricular activities.

St. Luke's School 0

Posted September 24, 2009
This is some school ! I expected a top notch school based on the reviews but frankly, the school has exceeded my expectations.

Posted April 01, 2009
Each day, my daughter is happy when she comes home from school. St. Luke's is that special place where teachers care, students respect one another and parents feel part of the community. I see my child's confidence growing in all she does.

Posted January 16, 2009
I have a 5th and 7th grader, and my kids really love it, and I mean love it. Nothing's ever perfect, and sometimes they complain about certain teachers, but when I asked them to rate St. Luke's from 1 to 10, they still gave it a 10. I consider that high praise. They wouldn't go back to the Greenwich public schools if I paid them (and Greenwich schools are not bad). As a parent, I would recommend St. Luke's for its very caring teachers, its friendly culture, and for fostering both academic and personal growth in my kids.

Posted October 13, 2008
It's amazing! Im a 5th grader there and this is my first year. The varieties of things to do are amazing. It's a very free school meaning there are perfect classes for all your needs. I highly recommend it.

Posted May 30, 2007