Posted April 29, 2014
Although it's a large school, they do a good job of ensuring there is attention to all students. The orchestra program is very strong, as are Latin and math. My only quibble is that the guidance counselors could be quicker to respond and clarify school policies.

Saxe Middle School 4

Posted June 06, 2011
My children have attended school throughout the country and abroad. The teachers at this school, for the most part, are amazing. There are a few that are uninterested and their lack of motivation shows. The principal is another story and I don't understand why he is still there. He hides in his office and does a poor job of leading. It's the teachers that make this school what it is. NCPS needs to find another principal.

Posted April 24, 2010
unbelievably adavanced academics but kids are very rich so be prepared to be buying your daughter a longchamp bag, macbook, and juicy sweaters and buy your boy 15 pairs of custom nike sneakers

Posted April 21, 2010
I was concerned about the size of this school when my kids first started, but all of my concerns have been put to rest. There is truly something for everyone at Saxe. They do a great job. Academically they are right on track - if not ahead - with the private school we came from. My kids have flourished!

Posted July 22, 2009
My daughter just completed 5th grade at Saxe and had a wonderful year. I cannot say enough good things about this school. We were a little worried about the school since it has grades 5-8. But the school does a fantastic job separating the 5/6 graders from the 7/8 graders. The start times are even different! The teachers are very creative, approachable and supportive, the administration is helpful and involved and the kids not only get a top notch education but they are exposed to the arts (music, art and an optional 5/6 musical), and have a multitude of activities after school to choose from and since the school is in New Canaan - there are several sports activities to choose from. I have never seen such commitment to education as I have witnessed in New Canaan - the entire town is committed!

Saxe Middle School 4

Posted May 21, 2009
i like saxe. were given a lot of home work and projects but the teachers are great and caring. we also learn about fun topics.like Africa in 7th grade and greek times on 6th. i have had a great year in 7th grade and can not wait for 8th

Saxe Middle School 3

Posted March 30, 2009
the school is fantastic yet there is a lot of homework compared to other schools my child has gone to and leaves little time for kids to be kids.

Posted February 01, 2009
My daughter always went to international private schools in Europe. But when she was at the 6 grade, she attended Saxe Middle School. School was great, teachers were amazing and she learned a lot in one year. It was a life time experience. We are looking forward to go back. Well Done Saxe.

Posted January 25, 2009

Posted June 11, 2008

Saxe Middle School
468 South Ave, New Canaan, CT  06840
Last modified Saxe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saxe Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top