New Fairfield, CT

Posted May 06, 2014
There is only way to describe Consolidated AMAZING. Maybe we just got lucky because our daughter has probably the best teacher around. The teacher is so engaging with the children, she is so animated, bubbly and fun. Her passion for children shines and she can often be heard saying things like "I love my babies". She isn't kidding, she really treats these kids as if they are her own. My daughter has come so far this year and it is without a doubt due to the dedication of the staff at Consolidated. They are so welcoming to parents who want to be involved and at the same time I have never felt judgement for not being able to volunteer as much as I would like.

Posted March 20, 2014
Great School. Our son loves going to school. Teachers are friendly, kind and caring. Small classrooms allow for individual attention and great learning environment. Very good experience so far, our child is in the first grade and even with a new young teacher we are very impressed.

Consolidated School 3

Posted February 20, 2014
Definitely hit or miss with teacher ability. Our first year here our son went to kindergarten. Wonderful teacher and very engaging. This year with our first grade teacher is a complete travesty. The teacher does not allow for parents to participate and does not welcome help in the classroom. Near to the point of keeping the classroom quarantined. Our son is extremely bright, and will challenge adults he encounters mentally. Perhaps the teacher is threatened by this but seems to isolate him out and provide minimal interaction. There is a color coding "behavioral assessment" which she employs daily, even after numerous parents in the class have criticized her for it. No basis given for good performance and engagement, and is strictly punitive. Stated several times that she will eliminate it and as of yet has not. Reading learning needs to be done at home, as she never seems to read with our son at school. States on a regular basis that she does, but daily our son states she did not again today. It is sad that for a First grade teacher to not seem engaged or even excited to teach these wonderful character filled children. A complete undoing of our kindergarten experience to date.

Posted August 23, 2010
Consolidated School is fantastic! I have a 4yr old son that goes there, and the teachers are patient and kind. They get down on his level and that makes a huge difference. He actually looks forward to going to school! I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone!

Posted September 17, 2009

Posted August 19, 2009
This school is Awesome!! Both the teachers and staff are wonderful. The schools PTO of which I am a very active participant does wonderful things for the school as well. There is always fun and educational things planned for the kids throughout the school year! I would recommend this school to anyone in a heartbeat!!

Posted August 07, 2009
We just adopted a 3 1/2 year old from Russia and the teachers at Consolidated have been ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! My son has progressed so far with their assistance. I am a full-time working mother and just knowing that he is in this wonderful environment while I am at work makes me feel okay about working.

Posted February 07, 2008
I'm not sure where that one poor review came from. I have had 2 children go through this school and one currently in 1st grade. Of the eight teachers we have had so far, I was only dissapointed with one, and she left. The new principal is wonderful and involved. Each year the parents have a chance to write a letter to describe their children in assisting in class placement for the following year. Parent involvement is what you you make of it. I am a working parent and yet every teacher has been gracious in working out a schedule that allows me to participate in the children's classes. Some foreighn language introduction would be nice but overall I have been very happy with this school and so have my kids.

Consolidated School 4

Posted February 27, 2007
I'm not sure I want to push my six-year-old any harder by introducing foreign language at this age. I do understand it may be easier for her to learn a new language at this time, but I also would like to see her with some free time to enjoy her childhood and to just be six. Overall, as a class mother and a member of the PTO, I am very involved with the school, and am thoroughly impressed by the education I know my child is getting. The one change I'd like to see is parents getting a call at home if their child is reported absent by the home room teacher. The way the policy stands now, I wouldn't know if my child never made it to school until they fail to return home.

Posted February 20, 2007
I love Consolidated School! The building and grounds are pleasant (there's a lot of new playground equipment this year), the staff are friendly and helpful, the teachers are dedicated and hard-working. Every day the children have specialized instruction in one of the following: music, art, physical education and love of books. The PTO is very active, raises a lot of money for the school and parents are encouraged to participate in school activities. The only thing I would like to see improvement in is inclusion of modern languages in the curriculum. It is much easier for people to learn foreign languages when they are young (before they turn 12 years old!!) and it is SO important for the U.S. and its future leaders to have a global perspective.

Consolidated School