New Fairfield, CT

New Fairfield Middle School 3

Posted December 13, 2014
I'm a student at NFMS in eighth grade. The 6th and 7th grade teachers are okay, but most teachers at this school either are totally helpful and teach you a lot, while others don't teach you anything and don't help you. Especially in 8th grade, one particular teacher makes sure you learn everything you know and encourages all students to do their best with the minimal amount of discipline unless needed. On the other hand, another teacher singles out students and tells them they're going to go nowhere in life if they don't know how to do something or is struggling in math. She tells the classes that they'll go nowhere in life and will be "losers" and lose their jobs when they go into the real world.

Posted May 19, 2014
New Fairfield Middle School was recently awarded the BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL by CAS. My child has thrived in this school, due to the incredible staff of teachers and the principal, Christine Baldelli. NFMS has a strict anti-bullying policy, that as a parent I appreciate and support. The teachers have always been available for extra help or support when needed. Every staff member has been important to our family. Including the guidance counselor, office staff and the caring school nurse. Our PTO organizes and gets parents involved, putting on great events for everyone to enjoy. My child has truly enjoyed being a student at this wonderful school, with all it has to offer.

Posted September 03, 2011
I have had two children pass through NF middle school. I have been generally pleased with the level of education and the quality of the teaching staff with one BIG exception. The middle school Algebra teacher, Mrs. Cochis, cannot manage her classroom and cannot control herself. She yells and screams at her students and warns that they will be "losers" in life. There were several times I considered complaining to the administration but never did because my kids were well-behaved and getting good grades in her class. I wish I had complained though, especially hearing from other students/parents about what was going on in that classroom. .

New Fairfield Middle School 1

Posted May 09, 2010
I'm currently in eighth grade at this school, and frankly, I think it's the worst school I've ever been to. The teachers are either extremely strict and belittle the children over crazy things, or they're totally pushovers and don't teach anything! The homework is either piled on way too much, or not given enough, depending on the class. Honestly, I can't wait to get out of this place!

Posted March 04, 2010
I am in seventh grade on the red team and I think that NFMS is an excellent School. Yes the teachers are a little strict but its a good thing. ALso the field trips are amazing. I have been to Midevil Times, Mystic Seaport/ Aquarium, Kettle Town, IMax and out on Long Island Sound on the scooner trip. I love NFMS!!! :)

Posted March 26, 2008

Posted February 16, 2008
I'm an eighth grader here. The teachers are a little strict but thats good because it helps students do what they need to do to succeed. Also, it is a fun and safe learning environment for kids. We constantly have drills for emergencies so we are prepared and no one gets hurt.

Posted December 05, 2007

Posted July 31, 2005
My children are entering the 7th and 8th grade. One of my children needs special attention and finally in the Middle school, they received it. Staff will work with you and get involved with the students. However, at times it does appear that the parents must make the first attempt at communication. For the most part we are happy with the Middle school and it is one of the better schools in this year.

New Fairfield Middle School 1

Posted February 02, 2005
- a former student

New Fairfield Middle School
56 Gillotti Rd, New Fairfield, CT  06812
Last modified New Fairfield Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Fairfield Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top