Bad
Good

I attended St. Francis for seven years (my family moved out of the area, which is the only reason why I left) and still feel that its curriculum was very comprehensive. They diligently provided us with the best resources in spite of financial strife. I noticed a parent's review that largely complained about the school (no gym, no cafeteria, no green fields), and I need to respond openly: Didn't you tour the school before enrolling your child? It doesn't sound as though you did. This is a small school in an urban environment; it has very limited space. When I was a kid, we played on the convent's grassy lawns but it's been closed since 1985. And I can understand that the school may not have suited your child's needs, but complaining that they ask for money is laughable. Parochial schools always need money. It's a fact of life. St. Francis may be private, but it's not wealthy and never was. That being said, I still wholeheartedly recommend the school. From all that I've read and heard, they are striving to improve and expand their programs in order to serve *every* child's needs. (No child left behind!) This is familiar policy to me, and a truly good school employs competent staff that serves its students with valorous dedication. Though I am disabled, I am still planning to make a charitable contribution to St. Francis during the Christmas season as their academic and multi-cultural missions merit the attention. They are rolling with the constant sea changes of these turbulent times. Kudos! I am profusely thankful for many harmonious memories at St. Francis, not to mention their employment of teachers that catered to our inherent talents and interests. One educator encouraged my love of writing for which I will always be extremely grateful. She was the first one to recognize that I had a gift. Because of this lovely and influential woman, I began to submit short stories to various magazines and, at the tender age of 11, I wrote a story that was published in an international periodical. And that was only the first of many published pieces.

very negligent. school nurse only comes once a week. no lunches provided. no gymnasium.no grass fields. open exits. roam free in halls (kindergarten age).always asking for money(fundraisers.$5 dolar pizza once a week.$1 to not wear uniforms.trips are NEVER free.and other ridiculous things like a $5 dollar lollipop for Valentine's day) my child always gets neglected in the afterschool program, and incident reports are never given. exit doors aren't always secure. children roam the halls in after school program as long as they are with a partner! I am currently seeking a more fit school

I never really liked this school until the new principal came.He made a lot of improvment to the school.

My grandchildren have attended St Francis for three years and I feel this school is one of a kind. It represents a multi-cultural blend of all the children in the city.. Most are Catholic but some are not but everyone is treated equally. Whenever the resources are lacking the faculty makes up for it twofold for the children. The children are being taught by dedicated teachers who are good people and they are teaching the children the value of being good citizens in the community.

Last modified St. Francis School is a Private school that serves grades K-8