Public charter
New Haven, CT

Amistad Academy 2

Posted October 02, 2014
My daugters have been involved in this school for years! The elementry school is great! But the middle scbool is a stressful, mentally abusive, black children being degraded mess! I have never seen a kid get so many DEDUCTIONS, OSS, ISS in my life. If you are so much about kids getting their eduction, why are you so quick to kick them out of class and/or suspended them?This school was so hard to get into but now the principal is calling parents phone to see if they have any family members that would like to attend amistad? Now you know its getting bad!

Posted March 27, 2014
I love this school my son has been going there since kindergarden and he's now in the second grade the school teaches the kids a lot of discipline and get them focusing on their future but for some children it may be too much to handle if you're not used to a structured setting they have a lot of rules that the other elementary and middle schools do not have so at times it can be tough but academically this is the best school to put your child in I love it and wouldn't put my son anywhere else

Amistad Academy 1

Posted February 19, 2014
My daughter has been in Amistad since kindergarten she is now in 4th. The teachers are nice my daughter loves them. My problem with the school is they have changed to much over the years when we 1st started there. We did not sign up for what the school has become today. My daughter is 10 years old stressing out. It's true what they say this school is not for everyone!!

Amistad Academy 4

Posted January 27, 2014
Student I love it it's strict so that nobody would get bullied and we have fun in class so we won't be bored in the middle school we have a lot oppertunitys to get thing or earn it .also in elementary school you could do the same thing in both middle and elementary we have recess .so send your kids here I have been here since kindergarten 6 gr bc I stood back once so they helped me to make sure I got the stuff like reading so now I'm at a reading level w please I think your kids would love it

Posted August 22, 2013
Amistad Academy has been a true blessing for my daughter. We have been part of the Amistad Family since 2010 and within the first year my daughter was reading @ grade level. She no longer gets bullied thanks to the strict rules of Amistad and she is able to concentrate on her schoolwork. Amistad has restored the love of School / learning for my child and I can imagine many others as well. Amistad has truly been a blessing and I am proud to be part of the Amistad Family.

Posted December 18, 2012
Our son started this year, we see a big change in him. He is above the reading level for kindergarten, the teachers are amazing and they respect one another if there are any problems they notify you right away, we love Amistad.

Amistad Academy 1

Posted June 10, 2011
School does not communicated well and wants a kindergardener to behave like an adult. They are actually sucking the enthusiasm out my daughter

Amistad Academy 2

Posted June 06, 2011
The school is great teaches respect and has them readidng alot however is not for everyone if you have a special needs kids (ie) autistic, ADHD or one that is to hyper is not for them they do not know how to deal with these kids makes the kids life miserable they think all kids learn the same and that doesn't work

Posted April 17, 2011
My son has attended Amistad for 3 years and he loves it. I have visited the school on several different occasions and different times of the day.When I walk through the school it is so quiet that you can not tell there are students in the building. The students are so engaged in learning. The teachers and staff really care.

Amistad Academy 0

Posted May 12, 2010
I love Amistad's teaching methods, they teach the kids on the proper level. They use music and games that they can understand. My son has excelled since being there and he doesn't like when they have days off. Thank you Amistad for showing my child the path to college and career.

Amistad Academy
407 James St, New Haven, CT  06511
Last modified Amistad Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amistad Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top