Bad
Good

Posted April 11, 2016
My 3 childrens study at Bernanard now my son is in the army and my middle daughter Yariana is going next yr to University central florida ( UCF) she is will study BioTech she thanks to Barnard magnet and envioromental studies. I miss this school.

Posted April 15, 2014
My daughter attends kindergarten here. The school environment is awesome. The teachers, staff and principle are extremely active with the students, making learning fun. It's a positive place at Barnard.

Posted August 01, 2012
We love Barnard. The teacher and management of this school face their daily challenges with composure and level headedness. We have never had any issues with inappropriate behavior or been met with anything but an understanding teacher/staff member who is eager to address our concerns and make sure that our child is enjoying their education experience to the fullest.

Barnard Environmental Magnet School 2

Posted October 31, 2010
This school is all smoke and mirrors! They brush everything under the rug especially the huge discipline problems. The administration has no close involvement with implementing discipline, and the principal and assistant are so removed from students and staff, it's ludacris! I agree with the reviewers who noted, behavior issues, bullying and disorganization as rampant, and the new principal has changed nothing!

Posted September 19, 2009
Barnard is an awesome school!!!! The teachers and administrators always go the extra mile.

Posted June 03, 2009
the principal seems to be unable to handle disciplinary problems

Posted May 28, 2009
Barnard Environmental Magnet School is a great school that teachers the 3Rs, as well as bringing science (especially environmental science) to a real world and real life level, with 'pets' in the classroom and around the school, a science room, a science center and gardens that the children tend to. And they learn the 4th R - Respect. Respect for self, others, adults and the Earth.

Posted May 27, 2009
I felt this school was overwhelmingly disorganized, even now in May we know very little about the goings on at this school. I felt discouraged to participate with my children, and the bullying and roughhousing is out of control. I would recommended everyone to go somewhere else. My sons will not be returning to that school, I am very disappointed and lost faith in the Magnet school system it's a sham.

Posted August 29, 2008
I am a parent of a kindergarten student at Barnard. He has been there since he was 3 and attended the PK-3 classroom. Teachers at Barnard have always gone above and beyond what they can do to make my son feel safe and comfortable. When he was 3 he had a hard time leaving me. His first teacher at Barnard was amazing. He quickly trusted her and her assistants. He now feels like he is a prince when he walks into the building. We now have a new principal who has already shown us that there is going to be a lot of positive changes. I applaud the administrative and teaching staff.

170 Derby Ave, New Haven, CT  06511
Last modified Barnard Environmental Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.