Bad
Good

We're happy we made the choice to leave Jepson. If your child has more needs academically or emotionally than the average child you might find this school the right fit but for those in the average to upper learning curve, this school does not encourage progression. There are a few very good teachers at Jepson and the Vice Principal is a good addition. The Principal cares a lot about how things Look.

My son started pre-k 4 this fall & I have no complaints at all. Maybe the people who have been complaining in these reviews should seek to reeducate themselves & learn grammer and spelling before they write a bad review which makes them look ignorant. Seems these parents are sour perhaps because the teachers at Jepson told them they will have to actually work with their kids at home in addition to school. Perhaps they were told by the principal they need to work on their parenting skills before blaming the school for their misbehaved child. Just a thought....Jepson is great and the principal is amazing!

Reposting, in response to the parent who is suggesting that parents complaining have not been proactive. On the contrary, I met with a number of school officials and set up additional teacher/parent meetings as did my spouse in efforts to get our child the academic challenges we felt appropriate. Simply stated, this is a great school for average kids. Those who fall above or below grade-level benchmarks are harder to serve in this setting. At the end of our second year, we did decide to pull our children out and we are happily homeschooling them both. It is a much better fit for us as we continue to be actively involved (and proactively involved) in our children's education. AGAIN, I have only the best things to say about Ms. Sylvia's PK4 classroom, and my child who "graduated" from her class last year is now doing SECOND grade level work having already finished her K work over the summer and her 1st grade level work this month. Her program of preparing the children to read is so successful, I can only imagine how hard it would be for the kids coming into K with no preschool to keep up with Ms. Sylvia's kids; mine is reading 2nd grade chapter books now!

Parents who complain about this school likely expect that the school is going to do everything for their child and they can sit back and not lift a finger.I have always found that that principals and teachers are easily available and proactive in my children's education and experience at Jepson. School is what YOU make of it, and if you don't make an effort, then likely you won't have a good experience.

Benjamin jepson has been a HORRIBLE school for my children, my son is now attennding Edgewood Magnet School ! He LOVES it there. BJ has LOTS of bullys, rude, unkind Parents, teachers, and principals, such as davis, BJ multi-age system is horrible ! Studend are 13 in the 5th grade and my son had to stay in 5th grade TWICE! I do not, NOT ! recamend this school ! Its just like WEXLERGRANT ! his Second old school ! Do not send your kid HERE AT BJ'S!!!!

I have been at this school for 7 years. My daughter is in 6th grade. I believe the new principal is great. She is very proactive. The "new" rules are for safety. I for one don't mind waiting in a line to pick up my child if it means she is safe. The academic standards are much higher. I feel all the changes are for the better!

the new principal is horrible! is anyone else having a problem with her and new rules?

I've been at this school for 11 years now, and I can't say anything bad about it at all. It helped me become the great young adult that I am now. I highly recommend this school!

this school is brand new but it coould still need some chnges for example alot of kids say swear words and the teachers hear it and they even tell them to watch there mouth! and they coild at least just tell the kid that it is not appropite. but other than that the kids always fight there isnt a day that will go by peacfully. but the third floor princpal named lesli is a really good pricapl and so is the main princpal! and the science teacher tom is exellent and so is the math teacher maria and amy for language arts and the social studies teacher to tod!!!!and the libarian jeeane!!! now debbie the secratry is reall kind!!!!!

My children have gone to Jepson for the past 5 years. This is the best school for my daughter as she does not learn in the traditional manner that school is usually taught and since kindergarten the teachers she has had have worked very hard to find a way for her to learn and reach her potential. While some people would be turned off by the fact that everyone is on a first name basis, I find that this fosters a lot of respect between the faculty and students and students feel that is not only their school but their second family.

Last modified Benjamin Jepson Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.