Posted September 11, 2014
I was fortunate that my daughter was accepted from the suburban lottery to attend this school. Yes, you read right. I chose to send her to a city school - and I am so glad I did! At BRAMS, she changed from a shy, struggling student to a confident honors student with a passion for education. With very little exception, the experience was beyond positive. The teachers - from dance to English to science - are passionate about their subjects and it shows. They each seem to have the gift of finding that "spark" in your child and developing it to help your child shine. My only "negative" about this school is that it ends in 8th grade. The 4 years my daughter spent here before graduating in 2014 were an incredible experience we were sad to see end.

Posted June 28, 2014
My school is one of the most best schools in new Haven (my opinion) I love the arts I get good grade high honors and I love the dance the block classes are ok but I would rather have classes to where that I could switch from class to class. I LOVE my pricipal he is very good at his job and if he needs us to improve he makes sure it happens if we need to behave better and have a positive attitude then he will check us and he might not trust me but I still go to his school and I now obey his rules so that I can make my academic success. I have noticeed many things here than at my old school. At my old school we had to stay in one class and one teacher for the whole year I got good grades but not as good as the one shaper eat Betsy Ross I like how at Murphy school I have more focus and freedom than at my old school which is Celentano when I was stuck in a class filled with all girls.

Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School 4

Posted November 08, 2013
This is a really great school! So glad my kids go here. I like the principal.

Posted August 28, 2013
Sean True is the definition of what a great guiding Principal should be. He understands his students and helps them challenge themselves to achieve. The Staff is knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. The teachers dealing with my child have been well prepared, personable, committed and talented in their field. My child came here from a well-considered private school and stated, "I learn more here in a day than I did there in a week."

Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School 4

Posted November 26, 2012
My daughter came from a catholic school to BRAMS. She has been there since 7th grade. I have no complaints. My daughter loves the school. The teachers are good. I have great relationships with two of my daughter's previous teachers. There is a wonderful art show at the end of the year to showcase the visual arts students. I have not had any problems and the administration will address any concerns in an efficient manner.

Posted March 07, 2012
My daughter was accepted through the lottery program. I was so thrilled. I went to the Open House and we were filling out entry application before we even left the school that evening. It has exceeded my expectations! Arts Coordinator and Principal are awesome! Did I mention how much my daughter loves going to school?? She does!! What a great feeling!

Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
We love the school. It has a very challenging, demanding curriculumn combined with the love of the arts.

Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
Betsy Ross is extremely well run by professional people who car about their students. It offers students a fabulous alternative to traditional schools. I also love ECA, but they are not listed.

Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School 1

Posted April 13, 2010

Posted November 08, 2009

Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School
150 Kimberly Ave, New Haven, CT  06519
Last modified Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top