Bad
Good

I was fortunate that my daughter was accepted from the suburban lottery to attend this school. Yes, you read right. I chose to send her to a city school - and I am so glad I did! At BRAMS, she changed from a shy, struggling student to a confident honors student with a passion for education. With very little exception, the experience was beyond positive. The teachers - from dance to English to science - are passionate about their subjects and it shows. They each seem to have the gift of finding that "spark" in your child and developing it to help your child shine. My only "negative" about this school is that it ends in 8th grade. The 4 years my daughter spent here before graduating in 2014 were an incredible experience we were sad to see end.

My school is one of the most best schools in new Haven (my opinion) I love the arts I get good grade high honors and I love the dance the block classes are ok but I would rather have classes to where that I could switch from class to class. I LOVE my pricipal he is very good at his job and if he needs us to improve he makes sure it happens if we need to behave better and have a positive attitude then he will check us and he might not trust me but I still go to his school and I now obey his rules so that I can make my academic success. I have noticeed many things here than at my old school. At my old school we had to stay in one class and one teacher for the whole year I got good grades but not as good as the one shaper eat Betsy Ross I like how at Murphy school I have more focus and freedom than at my old school which is Celentano when I was stuck in a class filled with all girls.

This is a really great school! So glad my kids go here. I like the principal.

Sean True is the definition of what a great guiding Principal should be. He understands his students and helps them challenge themselves to achieve. The Staff is knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. The teachers dealing with my child have been well prepared, personable, committed and talented in their field. My child came here from a well-considered private school and stated, "I learn more here in a day than I did there in a week."

My daughter came from a catholic school to BRAMS. She has been there since 7th grade. I have no complaints. My daughter loves the school. The teachers are good. I have great relationships with two of my daughter's previous teachers. There is a wonderful art show at the end of the year to showcase the visual arts students. I have not had any problems and the administration will address any concerns in an efficient manner.

My daughter was accepted through the lottery program. I was so thrilled. I went to the Open House and we were filling out entry application before we even left the school that evening. It has exceeded my expectations! Arts Coordinator and Principal are awesome! Did I mention how much my daughter loves going to school?? She does!! What a great feeling!

We love the school. It has a very challenging, demanding curriculumn combined with the love of the arts.

Betsy Ross is extremely well run by professional people who car about their students. It offers students a fabulous alternative to traditional schools. I also love ECA, but they are not listed.

As a student at Besty Ross I feel compelled to comment on the oldest review which states that Besty Ross has an awful student body. There are not fights in the hallway everyday, in fact, there was only one that I knew of this year! Our principal has zero tolerence for violence and bullying etc. as does our vice principal and artistical coordinator. I hate to break it to you, but I think your son was lying to you. Betsy Ross is a wonderful school, and if I had to attend it for the rest of my school life (not that I would have to, I'm a straight A TAG honor student), I most definitely would.

The Principal, Mrs. Moore, is the best a school could have! Ms. Nikki, the dance instructor, is also the best dance teacher a child could have; not to mention all of the other teachers! Each one takes an interest in each & every child! I am sooo glad that I took my daughter out of the Milford School System and put her in BRAMS when entering the 5th grade. Too bad she's high school-bound in June!! Where she will also be in the New Haven Magnet system- THE BEST!!! J.C. Milford, CT

Last modified Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.