Bad
Good

The first impression was extremely bad , i get to the school to drop off my daughter on her first day in kindergarden .I enter the classroom (after passing the main office) and suddenly the teacher grabs my daughter hand and took her without even asking and through the door another person grabs me and tell me i cannot be in the classroom whit out even asking who I am or who i drop same very unproffecional i could hear my daughter screaming i understand much kids cry but this was different she was confused by all the commotion and i tell the person that not even introduce herself to let me say good bye this is her first day off school and I've never been here and would let me in again. I'm planning off taking her out off this school

Overall its not a bad school but isn't great either. I dislike that some students get treated differently then others when everyone should be treated fairly. I also dislike how much drama occurs between students. Teachers try there best to resolve problems but shaking there hand and saying sorry is NOT going to work, That's not resolving the problem at all. The lunches i think should have a wider variety of foods. I dont think its fair to have only a certain amount of sandwhiches so only first come first serve get them. Some teachers keep kids in more time and when the students go down to eat and the foods not good they end up not eating. Some teachers will often yell at the students quite often. I do like that they take a third language though! It opens great opportunitoes with high schools and colleges. I also like the special classes such as music,band,gym,art,photography,ect. Great teachers that teach while having fun. Computer lab is excellent! Nice clean hallways and overall whole school pretty much spotless. Lunch ladies are very nice! It's also great how they let some grades outside during lunch for fresh air. This school also offers great communication towards parents.

I am a first grade Spanish teacher At Columbus Family Academy and also a proud parent of a third grade student attending our school. At Columbus, we truly believe that all students should have the opportunity to become great contributors to society. But first, students need to learn to believe in themselves and what they are capable of. Our students, teachers, staff support and administrators believe in taking pride in where we come from, who we are, and where we are going to. All our students receive quality education in two languages, because we understand the benefits of developing bilingual brains. We do this by encouraging students to be learn through discovery. In our school, students and parents have a voice. They participate in decision making, and are proud of it. My daughter and I Love Columbus School.

I have been impressed with the learning environment and culture that the administration and staff of Columbus have created. Whenever I visit, the hallways are quiet, classrooms orderly. The Principal is well-respected by the teachers, staff, and parents. There is an active PTO. My Kindergartener gets a lot of homework--my wife thinks too much--but I have been impressed with the improvement he has made in his reading and math skills. I am also very excited about the dual-language learning program.

Last modified Christopher Columbus Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.