Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School 2

Posted August 31, 2011
As the parent of an incoming Davis St. kindergartener, I'm horribly disappointed in this school. Yes, we've had a hurricane, but NO effort was made AT ALL over the summer to acclimate kindergartners to the school. There were NO teacher meet and greets, no letter of welcome from the teacher, no letters to parents about curriculum or expectations. I do not even know who my child's teacher is. In my opinion, this is poor organization and shows a complete lack of disrespect & concern for students and parents. No one answers the phone in the summer. So my questions will have to wait for tomorrow evening at our "outdoor orientation." WAy to show new students their classrooms, their cubbies, show them what they may expect the following morning when they are dropped off at school for the first time. Also, I have no clue if there is a before and/or after school program, so I have no way of knowing if I can pick my son up when I normally leave work, or if I need to leave early. NO clue. Guess I'll find out last minute by someone who will surely act annoyed to have to speak with me--but that's how Davis rolls. ...

Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School 5

Posted October 05, 2009
I love my daughter's teacher! Just started this school but so far I am happy! Violin lessons and Chinese are a plus!

Posted October 01, 2009
I love the academic program and the entire staff. The school is based and geared at celebrating diversity and the arts. The students learn two languages, noth Chinese and spanish. Their is an international day celebration annually that is a lesson/ introduction to various nation's cultures: food, garb, geography, language, and much more. The staff, teachers, and principal are all equally assecible and involved. They have after school science, music/band, and drama class. They have internal academic support and advancement options for all learners: an integrated academic program!Their is a diverse student population. The greatest negative aspect is that as a public, inner city school; one faces the harsh reality of financial strains and demographics. the money available in participating with this essay could be used in a myriad of basic needs and advances in technology.

Posted September 25, 2009
its the best school ever. great teachers and a strong pta

Posted September 19, 2009
The teachers and staff are dedicated professionals who have an instilled a love of learning in my children. Their enrichment programming is amazing.

Posted September 18, 2009
Davis Street Magnet School is full of an amazing group of students and staff. The amount of talent and dedication by both groups in this school is wonderful to see.

Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School 5

Posted September 17, 2009
Davis Street Interdistrict Magnet School has some excellent teachers, administrators, students and families all working for the best for the school family/school community.

Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2009
I am happy with the choice I have made sending my children to Davis. The teachers are wonderful and I am hoping parent involvement with grow after the school is renovated in the next year.

Posted March 27, 2008
Most teachers are very much in-touch with the kids needs.

Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2006
The academic program at Davis Street is excellent. The teachers are very involved. The school offer great programs and ability for the students to learn. The school environment is about leadership, respect and learning. The band is excellent and gets requests to perform all over the city. Their Before and After school program gives the student added opportunities to learn other areas than academics such as sewing, ballet, sports)

Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School
35 Davis St, New Haven, CT  06515
Last modified Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top