Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I would love to give 5 starts but I have one issue. Before I begin, I want to take a moment to say how grateful I am to my daughters teacher at Davis. My daughter was so far behind in math her first year that I don't think she quite knew what to do with her. There were many key things she should have learned the prior year that she did not (4 subs in one year for several weeks at a time at her old school). When I sat and spoke to Ms. King, and explained what happened, she sat back and said...OK, I know what to do. By the end of the year, my daughter had reached high honors. My only criticism is that Davis is not very accommodating to families who did not begin in kindergarten. My daughter came in at 4th grade and we were completely lost. It was like walking into a movie halfway through. They explained all of the programs available in orientation (in June), but did not send any additional information home as to when things started or how to join a particular activity. We had to figure out a lot of things on our own. A little more guidance would have been helpful.

As the parent of an incoming Davis St. kindergartener, I'm horribly disappointed in this school. Yes, we've had a hurricane, but NO effort was made AT ALL over the summer to acclimate kindergartners to the school. There were NO teacher meet and greets, no letter of welcome from the teacher, no letters to parents about curriculum or expectations. I do not even know who my child's teacher is. In my opinion, this is poor organization and shows a complete lack of disrespect & concern for students and parents. No one answers the phone in the summer. So my questions will have to wait for tomorrow evening at our "outdoor orientation." WAy to show new students their classrooms, their cubbies, show them what they may expect the following morning when they are dropped off at school for the first time. Also, I have no clue if there is a before and/or after school program, so I have no way of knowing if I can pick my son up when I normally leave work, or if I need to leave early. NO clue. Guess I'll find out last minute by someone who will surely act annoyed to have to speak with me--but that's how Davis rolls. ...

I love my daughter's teacher! Just started this school but so far I am happy! Violin lessons and Chinese are a plus!

I love the academic program and the entire staff. The school is based and geared at celebrating diversity and the arts. The students learn two languages, noth Chinese and spanish. Their is an international day celebration annually that is a lesson/ introduction to various nation's cultures: food, garb, geography, language, and much more. The staff, teachers, and principal are all equally assecible and involved. They have after school science, music/band, and drama class. They have internal academic support and advancement options for all learners: an integrated academic program!Their is a diverse student population. The greatest negative aspect is that as a public, inner city school; one faces the harsh reality of financial strains and demographics. the money available in participating with this essay could be used in a myriad of basic needs and advances in technology.

its the best school ever. great teachers and a strong pta

The teachers and staff are dedicated professionals who have an instilled a love of learning in my children. Their enrichment programming is amazing.

Davis Street Magnet School is full of an amazing group of students and staff. The amount of talent and dedication by both groups in this school is wonderful to see.

Davis Street Interdistrict Magnet School has some excellent teachers, administrators, students and families all working for the best for the school family/school community.

I am happy with the choice I have made sending my children to Davis. The teachers are wonderful and I am hoping parent involvement with grow after the school is renovated in the next year.

Most teachers are very much in-touch with the kids needs.

Last modified Davis 21st Century Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.