Bad
Good

High School in the Community

Posted September 20, 2010
High School in the Community not only offers good education, they also offer positive student role models and a well-rounded future oriented prospective. My son is a current student at HSC and I could not be more pleased with every aspect of the school.

Posted October 04, 2009
They are diverse with many different things to interest the children. They make do with very limited resources to make school a happy, safe, rewarding experience and inspire students to do their best.

Posted November 07, 2005
As a parent of a Junior student who resides in the suburban town of Bethany, I have only wonderful things to say about HSC. My son transferred from Amity High School at the beginning of his sophomore year after an unsuccessful freshman year. Although I have the highest regards for Amity, it was not the school for my unique child with muscical talent and interesting views on life. HSC provided a smaller teacher-to -student ratio and allowed my child to grow, succeed and be accepted for the wonderful person that he is. He has learned so much about life, acceptance of others, cultural diversity and how to adapt to the changing world around him. The teachers have been incredibly supportive, yet have extremely high expectations of my son. HSC is an amazing school and we couldn't ask for a better curriculum for our child.

Posted December 30, 2004
I love this school! It's what you make of it. You can go through and get your diploma with easy classes, or you can go for a challenging curriculum with high level classes. The diversity of the school is incredible! It's a magnet school, which means you have people from the city, from the suburbs, and from more rural parts of the state. Because it's a very small school we get to go on more feild trips than most other schools. Also, being located in New Haven, we are able to take advantage of the local museums and colleges; many within walking distance. HSC has no sports teams (you can particiapte in sports at the high school in your home town), but our school does have a ski/snowboard club, debate team, chorus, math league, photography club, interact club, and a few others. For me, it's definately worth the half hour ride!

High School in the Community 3

Posted August 26, 2003
H.S.C is a small school that allows a lot of one on one student-teacher learning. As a student graduating in the year 2004 I can say that small schools are very productive. HSC has everyone on a first name basis giving me the confidence to question my teachers mistakes. Though I complain here and again I wouldn't change or transfer from my school.

High School in the Community
176 Water St, New Haven, CT  06511
Last modified High School in the Community is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.