Bad
Good

James Hillhouse High School 5

Posted August 25, 2016
Hillhouse has helped me immensely with my school work, with getting used to not always being in my comfort zone which made me a better person, and let's not forget preparing me for college. Everything you need is there it's just that people choose to not use the tools provided to them and then it makes the school look bad.

Posted November 07, 2009
i think that this school is great school because i went there and it has grest academics

Posted May 11, 2006
I went to James Hillhouse from 1995-1999. At first I thought I ended up at a 'bad' school and eventually my experience there was the best years of my life. I was a constant honor roll student and I got involved in extra curricular activities, especially sports. I excelled on and off the field with the aid of supportive family members and staff members that cared. Help was always there, I simple took advantage of it and pursued academic and athletic excellence to the fullest. Post hilllhouse career,I would say I did well. I went on to college and graduated with a bachelor and master's degree in education. I also was a Big Ten Champion and currently hold the school record in the pentathlon. I was a product of this school. Overall, utilize your resources and don't believe the hype. As my students say, 'do you.'

James Hillhouse High School 3

Posted May 10, 2006
I think overall Hillhouse has a good academic program. The help is there if you want it. Although, I believe some of the teachers are there for a paycheck & not the students.

James Hillhouse High School 4

Posted March 21, 2006
I am a current student at Hillhouse and I love the school. I think that the school recieves a bad reputation because of the select few knuckle heads that attend. The staff is very caring and they help you when help is needed. They're are plenty of programs availible for students to better themselves including Saturday Academy and the 21st Century after school program. We have a large percentage of students attending Ivy League schools including Yale and Duke. If you look past the negative press and see the school for what it really is, you'll agree that it is a great school.

Posted January 08, 2005
I attended Hillhouse from 1980-1984 and we had nothing but good things going on there. I see from the reviews times have changed. I was on the Track Team, Basketball team (girls) and the Pep Squad.

James Hillhouse High School 2

Posted December 10, 2004
although hillhouse to me has the best academics i believe that they need to mature as far as the staff.

James Hillhouse High School 1

Posted December 03, 2004
Hillhouse has been a bad influence on my young daughter. She used to get straight A's until she attended Hillhouse. I pulled her out of it after one year, and now she is better and back on track. I don't recommend anyone enrolling their children here. The J.R.O.T.C. program is rather good however.

480 Sherman Parkway, New Haven, CT  06511
Last modified James Hillhouse High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.