New Haven, CT

Nathan Hale School 2

Posted January 26, 2012
My childs last school was rated 9 out of 10, Nathan Hale is 5 out of 10, this year has almost been all review of material she learned last year. The enrollment process is ridiculous. Even though you live right next to the school doesn t mean your child can go there. If your child does not get into the early pre k school then their chances of getting into the local Kindergarten are slight. The response given if your kid does not get in is don t worry it always works out. How does it work out? Your kid goes to one of the 2 out of 10 rated New Haven school or you shell out a lot of money to send them to private school. There are many programs that are only available to a few children but don t worry we will but you on a waiting list. New Haven is the worst school district we have ever seen.

Posted January 01, 2009

Nathan Hale School 3

Posted October 27, 2008

Posted September 11, 2008
My husband and i attended nathan hale. Our children are currently attending nathan hale. I hope that the future allows my grand children to attend nathan hale. Is there better out there, maybe however, i see no need to search when your completely satisfied. One negative thing though, i can't spell at home anymore, they taught my baby how to read.

Posted August 27, 2008
My son is going into 2nd grade at Nathan Hale and I could not be more pleased with the school. Every teacher and teachers aide that he has had have been absolultely wonderful! Last year they did receive a new principal and I wasn't thrilled (because the last one was excellent), but the new principal is keeping up with the high standards of the school. You just can't ask for anything better.

Posted October 15, 2007
I am a parent of two 3rd graders, and not only do we love the school, but my children have shown significant progress since I first transferred them at the beginning of 2nd grade. My children have gone from okay to honors.

Posted August 27, 2007
We have 2 children at Nathan Hale 1st & 8th grade.I am a PTO board member and we love our school. Excellent teachers,para's,advisors,admin. Staff etc.. The school has blossomed over the last few years. We have seen two administrations, going into a third , and each change has brought more positive programs and ideas. The strength of Nathan Hale and it's community keeps growing. Academically I have seen many positive changes and advances. Faulty programs have always been addressed and replaced. I would love to see more extracurriculars there are not nearly enough. An afterschool day care program is a huge need for working parents, which there are many of. Last year we more than doubled parent involvement and hope to double that again this year.I love Nathan Hale and hope to see it continue on such a positive road.

Posted July 20, 2007

Posted September 18, 2006
Great school, very involved within the community and with getting community leaders to donate their time. Also very welcoming of parents and suggestiions.A nurturing environment. I never worry about unsafe influences on my 1st grader.I just wish they had more recreation or recess more often.

Posted August 18, 2005
This is one of the best schools in New Haven. Wonderful and caring teachers, a principal who is always there for students and parents. We are sad this is our last year at Nathan Hale. All schools should be modeled after this school. There are fantastic extracurricular programs and many programs in place that are outstanding.

Nathan Hale School
480 Townsend Ave, New Haven, CT  06512
Last modified Nathan Hale School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nathan Hale School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top