Bad
Good

Conte/West Hills Magnet School 5

Posted November 23, 2014
I like this school and I think is great from the kids it teaches them a lot of stuff . I also went to the school as I was their ages

Conte/West Hills Magnet School 1

Posted October 17, 2013
This school was good for one year, but staying there for the next 8 left me traumatized. It has turned into a mad house with less learning and more madness. The change in administration is probably the cause of the madness, as in the first year there was a different principal, vice principal, teachers, all staff. This school should be demolished.

Posted April 06, 2011
I've attended conte west hills for the past 9 years, im now graduating. This school overall is a great school. alot of students sometimes complain about teachers or different things, but for the most part if your going to school for the right reasons with your mind set on not messing around but actually learning something, you will. The teachers are there to help, peer pressure has been a problem in the past but thats on the students but overall conte west hills, i would recomend to anyone who can attend.

Conte/West Hills Magnet School 5

Posted November 28, 2010
My son started Conte this fall in the 6th grade and we have loved it so far. It has been a challange but I would expect no less. The resources that the school has seems extensive so far. Title 1 offers free tutoring if children need it. There is a program called AVID for middle of the road kids to push it up a notch.Kudos so far from me!!

Posted April 22, 2010
I love the diverse backgrounds of the staff and how they challenge the students to do their best.

Posted November 24, 2009
I'm not happy with some of the teacher working at this school. Communication with the techer is very poor. Some of them are not good about informing the parent if their child have behavior nor academic issues. I'm extremely disappointed with the staff!!!

Posted October 16, 2008
I go to this school. Although its above average, bright children will fell bored. Trust me I go through this everyday. And with TAG once a week, there still isn't enough to do. You can have a hood on your sweater or shirt weather you are wearing it or not. And in middle school, your teachers don't trust you enough to let you go across the hall to your next class.

Conte/West Hills Magnet School 1

Posted December 08, 2007
The school used to be very hands on and great but in the eight years that I've been there it has gone down hill.

Conte/West Hills Magnet School 2

Posted May 30, 2006
I have had 3 chidren leave Conte West Hills as graduates and all of them have realized how much the school has changed and their gripe with the school is not something that is typical of young people, to want more discipline and control. I have noticed first hand that the school has joined the rest of the NHPS system jump on the overtesting and not enough teaching bandwagon. Funding has taken away the teachers ability to creatively teach our children instead of boring them and yelling at them into disciplinary problematic children. I am planning on removing my 11 yr old to another school district even if I have to move away from New Haven.

Posted April 16, 2006
This is a wonderfully enriched school with a balance of diverse backgrounds attending the school. Besides my child, we have 3 sets of family friends whose children have been in attendance for the past 8 years for a total of 9 happy children.

511 Chapel St, New Haven, CT  06511
Last modified Conte/West Hills Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.