New London, CT

Posted October 21, 2014
Our family has a 7th grader at Williams and who has been thriving. The teachers are accessible and the culture is positive and supportive. A child who is intelligent can flourish here without undue pressure from super intense peers and peer families. We chose this school over Hopkins for these reasons and it appears to have been the right choice.

Posted May 20, 2014
This school welcomes anyone serious about applying themselves academically. The disparity in socioeconomic background is irrelevant to the teachers and administration. They appreciate hard working, quality students and even more so if they are good community members. Do not be afraid to give this school a try.

Posted January 16, 2014
We moved our children to Williams from public school when one was in the 7th grade and one in the 9th grade. It quickly became apparent to us that Williams is a class act and that our children were being taught study skills they never would have received in public school. And, they actually came home with homework and were held accountable for completing their work. No question that Williams curriculum is challenging but, the tools are provided to the students to be successful. And, more importantly, we know that the base that Williams provided has made the transition to college that much easier. Well done, Williams!

Williams School 4

Posted January 14, 2014
The Williams School gave me an excellent education. I was more than equipped with all the skills necessary to do well in college. However, the majority of the students and families are from a very specific culture. They are very wealthy and have a very specific set of values and worldview. While politically correct, they are not very accepting of those who are different. Especially as it is such a small school; if you don't fit into their culture, it can be very difficult emotionally and socially. Fortunately I was able to go to a college with a large community that I could identify a lot more with, and have the full experience that I didn't have in high school. Like any school, Williams has pros and cons. If you fit into their culture and want a small school, or if you can sacrifice and seek social development outside of the school, it may be worth the excellent academics.

Posted July 08, 2013
Another wonderful year at this outstanding school. The environment is that of a college campus and the children rise to the expected maturity level (even the middle schoolers). The students are nurtured as they are simultaneously encouraged to individuate and experiment with new things. The academics are complete and robust, unlike our former public school who taught to the shallow CMT test. This administration understands that Latin is a necessary for high-achievers. My child was able to derive answers to biology tests from her knowledge of Latin, which will extend to better SAT scores. Any disciplinary problem is dealt with swiftly, and with finesse by the upper school Principal. The Head of School is a compassionate, truly nice person who leads through his dynamic persona. The department heads are truly gifted and unique people. The front office people and administration are all so nice and they somehow know ALL of the student's names! I cannot say enough good things about this school - it is still my daughter's "dream school", as she described it after shadowing a student a few years ago, during the application process.

Posted October 18, 2012
My child comes home every day and teaches me things that she learned in school that day. The depth of instruction far exceeds what I remember from my public school days. This school understands that children will rise to the challenge if you give them the opportunity. I wish I could have attended Williams, as I believe I would have been much more prepared for life both socially and academically.

Williams School 3

Posted April 05, 2012
My child has been going to the school for just over a year. He is very happy there and the work is challenging. Parents should know that attendance is in a steady decline and as a result, the school seems to be getting rid of veteran teachers and scaling back in several areas.

Posted February 06, 2011
The Williams School is was wonderful place. When I attended Williams in the 80s, I found it to be academically demanding and wholly committed to teaching students effectively. I am surprised to see the reference to the Assembly of God on this site. This is an error or a prank. Williams is the most secular, non-sectarian school you can imagine. The idea that it would be affiliated with the Pentecostal branch of Christianity is absurd. Go to Williams if you can. Work hard. You'll have a wonderful intellectual and professional life thereafter.

Williams School 1

Posted January 21, 2011
when i attended this school,it wasn't any different than a public school, besides the additional cost.i do not recommend going to this school

Williams School 2

Posted January 21, 2011
when i went to this school,i had a full scholarship and was provided everything expense-wise.i ended up transferring because i really hated going to the school because of some of the teachers.

Williams School