School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I have been working at ISAAC since 2002. The reason that I am still at my job is the safe environment that we create for all our students, among other things. I can honestly say that our main focus, besides making sure that we prepare students well academically, is making sure that we help them develop their character and be courageous citizens who are difference makers. We are a family!
January 10, 2017

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am a parent of a 7th grader at ISAAC. This school has a great staff and provides a safe environment for the students. I love the diversity in the school and that my child interacts with other children from the various surrounding towns in New London County. This school has a focus on character and leadership in addition to a strong curriculum. If you have a child that has a talent in the areas of music or art, ISAAC may be the school of choice for you. ~~happy ISAAC parent

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 10, 2017

Isaac has good intentions; however, many of the students do not want to be there and they are ruining for the kids who do want to be there. Most want to be in the public middle school in New London and so they are disrespectful of the rules, the teachers and other students. My son is leaving Isaac and going back to a public school in our own town because of this.

This school once had great vision, great ideas, and great teachers/ staff. Now it has become a publicity stunt with a bad leader. There are a few remaining great people teaching and trying to re-direct the school. But I would not send my children to this school, what you are being sold, is not was is actually happening any longer.

This school had ideals that were collaborative and arts-focused. Unfortunately, newer leadership has caused the school to drop in test scores because it does not have a shared vision; it no longer values the voices of the community. There is no evidence of being arts focused or having any quality programs. Most of the best teachers have left. I no longer recommend it and will not send my children there. Very sad.

I am a current student at ISAAC and we are a very close school. Everyone knows everyone evem if you just got accepted into ISAAC your treated like family. The only problem with this school is that it's not the way it was before. My older brother used to go here and his version of it differ's from mine. He said that the teachers cared very, very much about the success of the students and now its as if one or two teachers do.

Last modified Interdistrict School For Arts And Communication is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.