New London, CT

Winthrop School 1

Posted January 22, 2013
This school failed to report to parents that staff who were supposed to be certified to teach, in fact was not certified. I wasn't notified until the school year had ended by mail. My child is below grade level and this very well could be one of the reasons. Class size is too big, not allowing children to receive the attention that is needed to learn, keep up and make progress. No support or help to family in locating resources to help child(ren) to catchup to be more successful. My child asked for help to understand presented information and the Substitute told her No. Today, my child went without lunch although it is free because no one ordered it although she put in the order. I have Safety concerns, after my children told me their life was threatened by an older student. I brought to the attention of staff and I'm not sure if anything was done because I had no rights to know what consequences were given because of privacy protecting the Bully(ers). My concerns were not taking seriously. A lot of bullying happens on the playground because there are not enough staff overseeing three whole classes. I see a lot of favoritism towards different students and parents.

Winthrop School 5

Posted May 16, 2012
My daughter has been attending Winthrop since Kindergarten and my son will be there next year. One thing I love about this school, is their open door policy. Parents are always welcome. The staff has created a friendly atmosphere among themselves and with the parents and students. I wish more parents were involved so they can see how great of a school it is as well!

Winthrop School 3

Posted June 30, 2009

Winthrop School 4

Posted October 28, 2007
My son attended Winthrop K-3. His classroom teachers/support staff were some of the most dedicated I have seen. They seem build relationships with the children and create an environment of positive expectations. I do wish they had the freedom to teach w/out CMT's looming over their heads, however. Marlene Ewankow

Winthrop School 4

Posted November 25, 2004

Winthrop School 3

Posted February 15, 2004

Winthrop School 5

Posted February 14, 2004
WinthropElementary is a small, warm school with a great big heart due to the excellent teachers who transmit their quality of education (from learning to caring)to the students and their parents. I am very greatful to the entire staff and also feel proud and happy knowing that my son is part of Wintrop Elementary School!

Winthrop School
74 Grove St, New London, CT  06320
Last modified Winthrop School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winthrop School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top