No rating

Faith Academy

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in New Milford

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $222,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,470.

Posted September 29, 2014

Faith Prep is a really GREAT SCHOOL. My two sons (9 and 7 year old) have been attending this school for 2 years already. The school and curriculum are excellent. Teaches and Principal are the best. They really care about children and do their job perfectly. They not only provide kids with very high quality education, but also teach kids to be good persons with high moral standards. Comparing to the public schools system, Faith Prep is the best school ever. Tuition is very reasonable comparing to other private schools. Moreover, the Faith Prep provide financial assistance though its Hope Foundation. I am very happy that my sons are students at Faith Prep!

Posted February 14, 2013

I am surprised by the hateful reviews of Faith Prep. The accusations could not be further from reality. Faith Prep offers a safe, clean and polite environment for students, staff and parents. Students are taught a wonderful curriculum that includes the arts, sports, leadership and quality moral principals. My guess is the haters either have never set foot at Faith Prep or have been deluded to believe the world revolves at their whim and desire. Faith has many special needs students. They do have limitations however as they do not rely on the state for their funding. The teachers are well informed and qualified. Accredidation can take some time but Faith is involved in the process. I urge any parent who knows a public education falls short in many ways to visit Faith Prep for a tour of the facility. Your child will benefit more than you could imagine. Faith Prep does have a code of conduct for students and staff. It is not just words on a page. They take it very seriously and allways employ loving correction to bring a student into compliance. With a resonable tuition and a wonderful community of supportive parents Faith is the best local value for quality private education.

Posted November 20, 2012

Worst christian school ever. the high school kids are plain rude and cruel. this school checks up on their students facebook page and twitters. and when a problem arises about a student wrote bad about an other student online. the principle will will either let it go or speak to the student... it depends on her opinion on that student. point blank this school is not a good school to put your child in.

Posted October 2, 2012

This school had been a terrible experience for my children! My children were constantly bullied and come on, they are in high school. The staff were rude to my family and I. Needless to say, my family was thrilled to have switched to a different school. This school is run by a family, and have no experience with systems. Why pay $3,00+ for tuition when this school is not even accredited? Good riddance!

Posted March 28, 2012

My son graduated from Faith Prep last year and is now attending a university. My daughter still attends and is thriving there. They do have music, art and computer classes weekly so I do not know why previous ratings say different. Also parental involvement is encouraged. They hold monthly PTA meetings and would love parents to help out as much as possible. Curriculum is excellent, years above public school. My son is thankful that he got his education there because he is thriving in college because of his strong educational base and is getting mostly A's, lowest is B,s.The school is very affordable and is worth every penny.

Posted November 20, 2011

As a parent of 2 students, I can truly say that attending Faith Academy/Faith Preparatory school has been a life changing experience. Both of my children are reaching their full potential - academically, socially and spiritually. Their teachers and classmates have been by and large loving, kind and nurturing. Although they are not there yet, I look forward to my children attending the high school. The program and teachers seem top notch. Faith is a fantastic value as well, compared to other private schools in the area. I have also met some wonderful families at this school that are also having an extremely positive experience. I wish Faith many years of success. Keep up the good work!

Posted December 9, 2010

Faith Academy is awesome, especially for younger children. My child is in Kindergarten and the teacher is just wonderful. She is very passionate about what she does and I feel like my child is getting a well rounded education. Great choice!

Posted June 17, 2010

Awful place for kids academically. Not much they offer. Teachers with no teaching degrees, old, traditional lecture, rote type learning here. Kids are bored, no extra-curricular, enrichment classes. No music teacher, library, foreign language or computer teacher!!! Any parent involvement is frowned on. Do not spend your money here. Family run shop-pastor and mother in law-no external board.

Posted May 10, 2009

This is my daughter's first year in the school and I am amazed at how much she is learning. The staff's Christ-centered commitment is genuine, as is their commitment to excellence. The students aren't perfect and they are not expected to be, but they are encouraged to do their best to please God, their parents, and themselves. This character training creates an atmosphre that is worth the tuition in and of itself. (Though I am pleased to say that the school offers so much more.)

Posted March 21, 2009

Im currently a student at Faith Preparatory. The school is asking for 4500 dollars to attend. Its way to much money for what little they offer. They only offer less then 8 electives, some of the teachers are very disrespectful, and lastly the school can't offer the same number of sports like other schools.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 10, 2007

Faith school has a great education .Great teachers and a wonderful principal who really cares. The tution is reasonable a great choice for your child.

Posted January 31, 2006

My daughter attends Faith Academy. This is her second year there. The students are all great, and I must say that the majority of the staff here show that they really care about the kids, and that this is more than just a job to them. I think the children are definitely challenged when it comes to their school work, which I feel is a great thing, because my daughter does get bored easily as she did in the public schools. As for extracurricular activities, I haven't seen any for the younger chlidren, only for the the junior high and high school students. I have also noticed that it is hard to find transportation for your child to and from school unless you live right in New Milford. I think surrounding areas having buses would help attendance alot more. The scoolis great. No school is perfect, this is the closest.

Posted October 26, 2005

I am not a parent but i am a student at Faith Prep. I enjoy this school very much because it teaches us not only academic principles, but also Christian principles. The teachers are great and spend much of their time trying to make the school better. I just want to tell you that you should look into this school to see if it is right for your child. God Bless you and have a great day. - an appreciative student
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 9, 2004

Later i found out that the school was not worth the amount of money they are asking for. I also found out that the high school only had less then 10 electives. this really got me mad because we were paying almost 3000 dollars an year for nothing. I then transefered my daughter public school were she got a better education and a better challenge than this school.

Posted September 2, 2003

My son has attended New Hope Christian Academy since preschool, and is now entering fifth grade. We travel from a neighboring town to get to New Hope, because it is most definitely worth the trip. The school principal, Mrs. Dubois, is fantastic. Each day she greets the children before they even enter the building, because she stands in the parking lot (rain, snow, or shine) to make sure they all cross safely. I was thrilled to learn her opinion on the place homework should have- that the students should be able to get their school work done during the school day (just like parents should be able to get their work done on the job.) While kids are expected to study and prepare for quizzes and tests, and to prepare book reports and projects, they are not sent home with a standard load of two or three hours of homework every night, like some of my friends' kids are. I think this is a healthy, realistic approach to learning- if the kids use their time in school well, then it is possible for them to manage their workload. Academically, the school is top notch. Student participation in the annual science fair is mandatory- even the little ones host interactive booths in their classroom for the parents to visit. After school athletic programs are available. My son had a blast on the basketball team last year. The tuition cost is very reasonable. I know they don't charge parents anywhere near what it actually costs them to run the school- Bright Clouds Christian Ministries contributes greatly to the operating expenses. I don't have enough good things to say about New Hope.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (860) 210-3685

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious