Posted May 06, 2014
This is the 1st year my children have attended this school and they love it. There is a good mix of teachers younger and more experienced and I feel that they are all very commited to providing the children with the best possible education that they can. Class size is small and there is a great sense of community and family. I also love the fact that prayer and faith is a part of their every day routine.

Posted April 30, 2014
We love St. Mary's School! The teachers and staff are great. The teachers care a lot about their students and keep parents in the loop on everything. The school as a whole does a lot to get parents involved and to join in as part of the school family.

Posted April 30, 2014
St Mary School in Newington, CT is a wonderful faith based school with qualified teachers and excellent staff. Our community is small but that lends itself to greater attention from the teachers. We offer a curriculum based education that is wrapped in kindness to others including but not limited to each other, the community, and people who are less fortunate. Our graduates are well prepared for high school and score high in all standardized tests. Our 8th graders attend Catholic, private as well as public schools. Our school could improve with an endowment that would allow for upgrades to our building itself.

Posted April 30, 2014
A wonderful learning environment with top faculty and staff. The small class sizes give students the ability to have individual attention of the teacher. Any concerns are addressed immediately and the front staff is most accommodating to requests. School feels like a big family!

Posted April 30, 2014
I have been associated with Saint Mary School, Newington, since 1991 when my first child began in the Pre-K program. In 1994, I began teaching here and remained after my children graduated from SMS. In 2010, I am proud to say, I accepted the position as principal. One cannot devote that much time to a school unless it is VERY SPECIAL, and that is just what SMS is! With the highest caliber of state-certified teachers who either have advanced degrees or are working towards that goal, our students receive an outstanding academic education that is infused with Christian values. This is offered in a safe, nurturing, family environment. Upon graduation, our students do well in whatever high school they attend, be it public, private or parochial.

Posted April 30, 2014
A small but wonderful school! Friendly teachers and staff who really care about students and help in the development of the whole child. Highly recommend for their academic programs and strong Catholic values. A+

Posted April 30, 2014
St. Mary School is a wonderful school that has caring teachers. The teachers differentiate their instruction so that all children learn to the best of their ability. We have small, friendly classes. We trully feel like a family here.

Posted April 29, 2014
Great school. My daughters go here. Friendly, disciplined and family like environment. My daughters love their teachers.

Posted April 29, 2014
My son is in K this year and was in PreK the past 2 years. He's the one who begged to go to this school. He absolutely loves his teachers and knows how to read at 1st grade level. We all help each other at some point and we're kind of like a big family. I love this school and we're staying here!

Posted April 29, 2014
This is our first year here and my children love, love it!!! My daughter can't wait to get up in the morning to attend school and my son has made some really great friends. They are doing both very well in their academics and social skills. One of the very few schools that I can honestly say that there is no tolerance for bullying. An admirable staff is responsible for the the best of students, learning in a respectful Christian and well-disciplined environment makes for the perfect balance here at St. Mary School. My kids are spoiled with love, friends, structure, all while learning in a safe and positive family environment. Thank you St. Mary school and staff.

St. Mary School