Newtown, CT
Before care: Yes

Posted November 02, 2014
I agree with the last review high teacher turn over Underqualified teachers Unwelcoming environment. Poor curriculum .There is no discipline for children with behavior issues.Donations, donations $$$$. The school is not the same 5 stars used to be. May 20, 2014 * New teachers without experience every year. * If you want your children spending all winter raining days inside classroom St Rose is the right school for you- poor school facility. * On sunny days children are allowed to go out during recess BUT can not step on the grass,they have to play in the parking lot. * My son's teacher is always on cell phone texting. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. * The school has an excellent school curriculum, the problem is the new teachers with no experience. They do not know how to follow the curriculum or teach the children. * Next school year again new changes - new Principal. * Some group of parents has too power over the

Posted September 21, 2014
Lack of communication No parent involvement in child's education High teacher turn over Underqualified teachers Unwelcoming environment unless you are part of certain social circles Poor curriculum No discipline for children with behavior issues

Posted May 20, 2014
* New teachers without experience every year. * If you want your children spending all winter raining days inside classroom St Rose is the right school for you- poor school facility. * On sunny days children are allowed to go out during recess BUT can not step on the grass,they have to play in the parking lot. * My son's teacher is always on cell phone texting. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. * The school has an excellent school curriculum, the problem is the new teachers with no experience. They do not know how to follow the curriculum or teach the children. * Next school year again new changes - new Principal. * Some group of parents has too power over the school decisions, this is not good.

Posted May 20, 2014
As a parent I feel the quality of academic programs is lacking. The content may be developed, but the inexperienced teaching staff should be replaced with veteran teachers who have experience in methods and strategies to deal with the complex problems that surface throughout the day. Two of my children who were entering 2nd and 3rd grade were looking forward to teachers their brothers and sisters have recently had. There gone too!

Posted May 07, 2014
Our family joined the St. Rose School Community 10 years ago. At first it was because we felt our older son would thrive in a smaller, faith-based environment but we quickly fell in love with all the opportunities available to our children as well as the opportunities for a parent to be involved. I have been involved in my children's education for the past 10 years and I have been given many opportunities to volunteer in their classrooms, on field trips and at our school functions. I have always maintained a healthy level of communication with our teachers as well as the executive staff. The Academics have been strong and challenging for our boys and our freshman is thriving and well prepared for high school. Most importantly is our Faith. The children have daily religion and attend Mass weekly. What they learn at St. Rose reinforces what they learn at home. After spending 10 years watching these students grow, I have observed the following traits in all of them upon graduation from 8th grade: Respectful, Smart, Funny, Playful, Energetic, Eager, Enthusiastic, Sharing, Caring, Appreciative, Maturing, AMAZING!!! We thank God everyday for St. Rose School!

Posted April 30, 2014
We have our two children enrolled, and as parents, are very involved with the community regularly, because we choose to be, and have so many opportunities to do so. My top three reasons for continuing my children's educations here are: COMMUNICATION--the doors are always open. The administration and staff are always willing and able to discuss any concerns. As a parent, it is my responsibility to voice my concerns and opinions, and I have always been able to do that, respectably. ACADEMICS, and my children's individual needs are not ever in question. As my son moves up in grades, the responsibilities and expectations are greater and challenging--and I have no words to express how he's blossomed this year with a teacher who has made him believe in himself and his abilities. The FAITH-based education is more then I thought it would be for my kids, as well as for myself, as a parent. They amaze me with the stories, the choosing of right or wrong because "that's what God would do" attitude, as well as the true understanding of their faith and how to use it daily. Communication. Academics. Faith. It's why we stay.

Posted April 29, 2014
A great, warm environment where the children are taught honesty, kindness and respect along with their subjects. The faculty and staff are amazing, high energy, interesting individuals. St. Rose of Lima School is a school that genuinely cares about your child and wants to see them grow spiritually and intellectually. The science lab is like one found in high schools, and I love how they are with the times and implement the use of iPads in the classrooms.

Posted April 28, 2014
St. Rose School provided an excellent education for my son. He was well prepared for high school in all subjects. The classes are small, the teachers are caring, the leadership is strong. Academics are strong but it is done in a faith based community. I love that students attend Mass every week. For a small school, the students are offered opportunities in art, STEM, science lab, foreign languages, public speaking, sports, and a variety of after school activities. I never second guessed my choice for my son to have a Catholic School education. St. Rose exceeded my expectations.

St. Rose of Lima School 2

Posted March 07, 2014
This is an OK school but the fact that parents are NOT allowed to partake in their child's' education makes it mediocre at best. Parents thought, needs, opinions are completely ignored.

Posted February 13, 2014
St. Rose is the best school for my son. My daughter who is in high school is very thankful to St. Rose for preparing her academically and spiritually. Parents need to become more involved.

St. Rose of Lima School
40 Church Hill Road, Newtown, CT  06470
Last modified St. Rose of Lima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Rose of Lima School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top