Bad
Good

I LOVE REED!!!!! I'm a 6th grade student currently at Reed, and I think it's the nicest, cleanest, school in the town! I got nice teachers, I made great friends, I go to fun specials (including learning to play an instument! I picked the trombone), And everyone is so nice! I wish it was more than 2 years. I don't want to go to middle school! :-)

reed is a really, REALLY great school. i'm a former student and I cant even describe how much i loved it here. the building is really nice and CLEAN, the teachers are willing to help with things the student needs, it offers a really good education (i learned a lot here), the staff is friendly, and there are a ton of activities and clubs students can participate in. Loved this school!!!

What an amazing school!! I am currently a sixth grade student at Reed, and in my two years there, I met friends I'll keep for life and teachers I'll always be thankful that I had. Reed is a very welcoming school and although it's big, it's fun. However, there is drama that goes on there and a lot of kids, so if your children would do better in a private school, I'd send them there. I'm going to a private school next year due to the amount of students in public school, but I must admit that Reed is top notch for what it is. Academically, students tend to do very well, and the school has a ton to offer. The teachers are awesome, the food is great, and the environment is SAFE. I'd recommended this school to anybody, unless their children do better in smaller places. Other than that, it's great! I love you, RIS! <3

Outstanding experiences for both of my children, each with different strengths and needs.

So far, we are very impressed. We moved to Newtown for the schools, and we have not been dissappointed. Fabulous!

My third child is currently in The Reed School. It is the Best School in Newtown. Bernson/Tischio are the best, most caring teachers. The student involvement in activities is fantastic. Other prinicpals in Newtown should be trying to emmulate this in house model.

The faculty has been exceptional. Our son is a special needs child and he's been helped considerably this year by his teachers, Mrs. Lane and Mrs. McCabe. Ms. Welton, his counselor has also been instrumental in helping him the last two years. RIS has an excellent music dept, they offer after school activities, and they care about these children. We've been very blessed to have this school for our child.

Last modified Reed Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6