Bad
Good

Posted January 13, 2013
I LOVE REED!!!!! I'm a 6th grade student currently at Reed, and I think it's the nicest, cleanest, school in the town! I got nice teachers, I made great friends, I go to fun specials (including learning to play an instument! I picked the trombone), And everyone is so nice! I wish it was more than 2 years. I don't want to go to middle school! :-)

Posted August 10, 2011
reed is a really, REALLY great school. i'm a former student and I cant even describe how much i loved it here. the building is really nice and CLEAN, the teachers are willing to help with things the student needs, it offers a really good education (i learned a lot here), the staff is friendly, and there are a ton of activities and clubs students can participate in. Loved this school!!!

Posted May 23, 2011
What an amazing school!! I am currently a sixth grade student at Reed, and in my two years there, I met friends I'll keep for life and teachers I'll always be thankful that I had. Reed is a very welcoming school and although it's big, it's fun. However, there is drama that goes on there and a lot of kids, so if your children would do better in a private school, I'd send them there. I'm going to a private school next year due to the amount of students in public school, but I must admit that Reed is top notch for what it is. Academically, students tend to do very well, and the school has a ton to offer. The teachers are awesome, the food is great, and the environment is SAFE. I'd recommended this school to anybody, unless their children do better in smaller places. Other than that, it's great! I love you, RIS! <3

Posted April 20, 2009
Outstanding experiences for both of my children, each with different strengths and needs.

Posted December 15, 2008
So far, we are very impressed. We moved to Newtown for the schools, and we have not been dissappointed. Fabulous!

Posted August 10, 2008
My third child is currently in The Reed School. It is the Best School in Newtown. Bernson/Tischio are the best, most caring teachers. The student involvement in activities is fantastic. Other prinicpals in Newtown should be trying to emmulate this in house model.

Posted June 28, 2007
The faculty has been exceptional. Our son is a special needs child and he's been helped considerably this year by his teachers, Mrs. Lane and Mrs. McCabe. Ms. Welton, his counselor has also been instrumental in helping him the last two years. RIS has an excellent music dept, they offer after school activities, and they care about these children. We've been very blessed to have this school for our child.

Posted August 23, 2006
My third and last child is going through Reed Intermediate. It is an excellent school and I have been pleased with every teacher. The communication with me has been prompt and I have been included in all aspects of my children's learning. I do not know what the circumstances were from a prior negative review on this school, but can say that one of my children required extra attention and I was very pleased with the help that was given to her from the guidance counselor and teachers involved with helping in her educational development. I highly recommend this school and all of the teachers are professional, friendly and I have been very pleased with the Reed faculty.

Posted August 16, 2006
Coming from Trumbull Public Schools 1 year ago, I must say that the 5-6 RIS School is top notch! The teachers are highly educated and work very hard to bring out the best in a child. The prinicpal and vice-principal know my son by name. In today's society it is hard as a child to grow up. However, at Reed the teachers, counselors, vice principal and principal all get involved with positive interactions. Thanks for bringing out the best in my child! Encouragement and confidence he will have when he reaches Middle and High School!

3 Trades Ln, Newtown, CT  06470
Last modified Reed Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6