Newtown, CT

Posted September 28, 2009
This school has incredible educators and a strong parent base. It is warm and inviting. Teachers go out of their way to help their students achieve all they can.

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted September 15, 2007
I agree with 'WOW' definitely! We moved to this town and in particular this area so that our kids would be able to go to HOM. And so far we are beyond impressed. There is just so much and I've been offering to volunteer to 'get involved' early and often. I am a strong believer in parent and child involvement for better child's success and so that the parents are also 'in the know' Thank you to the teachers, aides, administration and all the other parents who are believers in making this school the best it can be and making this school year fantastic!

Posted September 14, 2007
WOW - I would like to know if this parent reads any of the sheets that these incredible teachers send home weekly! They go into great detail about what is occurring in the classrooms - they also have websites. These teachers also communicate daily with parents by letters, conferences and calls. I have had nothing but positive communication with the teachers. There is so much that they do with the students that I am amazed. I tell my friends in other towns about what my children do and they all wish they could move into our area!! There are a number of playgroups in the area that she can enroll her child in. I always know what is happening and feel very welcome in the classroom. I am OVERWHELMED with all the teachers do and the extra LONG hours they put in!! My children are beyond happy being there!!

Posted September 19, 2006
Only one comment : Fantastic.

Posted January 25, 2006
My first impression is: 'Underwhelmed'. I have a suspicion that this is more image than fact due to the good test scores, and the progress of my kids. I am used to far more communication between parent and school (in another state). I don't really have a clue whats going on in my kids' classrooms. I have been involved as much as I've felt welcomed to. If it is just a matter of misperception on my part, that is a shame, but it does mean communication could be better. I would like to see more opportunities for after-school activities. It would be nice to offer after school (or before school) activities for Kindergarteners. Kindergarteners don't have much time for fun in a 1/2 day program.

Head O'meadow Elementary School
94 Boggs Hill Rd, Newtown, CT  06470
Last modified Head O'meadow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4
Head O'meadow Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top