Bad
Good

Niantic Center School 4

Posted June 26, 2016
I gave this school a 4 and not a 5 because it has wonderful teachers and the PTA is very involved but the principal is horrible. She needs more experience in dealing with kids. The Principal before was wonderful and a caring one too. This current one is just doing her job and that's it and I don't think someone who is just doing there job and not putting their heart into it should be around children.

Posted November 06, 2013
This is an amazing school with teachers that will always go the extra mile to ensure that the students get the best education possible!!

Niantic Center School 1

Posted June 14, 2011
Thank god someone finally put it out there about this school, and by a teacher no less!!! Read Teacher/Staff for the comments posted. Bullying is a problem in this school!! I agree that the principle is not working out like we hoped. My friends are parents of children that go to this school as do mine and we are SHOCKED by the way bullying is NOT being handled. When my child stood up to a bully, my child was punished. Can you believe such a thing. But at least my child protects themselves even if the principle doesn't. Recess is scary because the aides sit around and the kids are at the mercy of the bullies and nothing is being done to rectify this situation. Superintendent and Board of Ed, please step up to the plate and correct this before it gets worse. Our children are precious and deserve to go to school in an environment that is nurturing, not abusive!!!!

Posted October 16, 2009
This really is the best school ever and we've been through s few, so we should know. Very lucky to be able to send our children here.

Posted September 13, 2009
My daughter attends this school, and she loves it! She has ADD and they've worked with both of us so much. She's gone to school in Virginia and in Pennsylvania, and she's never loved those schools as much as this one. This is where we're going to stay. Mr. Discordia is an excellent teacher, the principal is fantastic (but she's leaving at the beginning of the year BOO) and the staff is always friendly and helpful. I just can't recommend this school highly enough. They're really just very awesome. The class sizes are small (especially compared to where I'm from) and each class apparently has a teacher's assistant - 2 teachers, basically. For about 16 students. I am gushing, but really, I <3 this school.

Posted July 21, 2009
This is an amazing schoool! the benefits my daughter has received from attending this school are priceless.

Niantic Center School 4

Posted March 18, 2007
In response to the Feb 2005 post about testing: my son was given a complete psychological workup (testing for IQ, disabilities, etc) when he was in the 1st grade. ALL of it was paid for by the school. They were more than thorough in explaining everything to me and working with me, and making me feel at ease. Furthermore, it was their recommendation for the testing...not mine. The principal did not hold back on anything because of funding. She was actually very accomodating. My children were in this school for 2 years, and academically, it is one of the best...especially for children with learning disabilities and other special needs. Their Speech Pathologist is awesome! However, most of the teachers that we encountered are very snobbish; they are caddy and condescending towards the parents, and the principal does nothing about that. However, the PTA is wonderful!

Niantic Center School

Posted February 20, 2005
IMO[In my opinion], when a parent seeks intervention for their child, specifically, the principal is more interested in saving money, test score #'s, and avoiding the responsibility of the school to provide an equal opportunity education. She is unable to promote an atmosphere for the parent to work effectively with the teachers as a team, rather, using scare tactics, or condescending attitudes towards both. As a parent to other parents I would suggest strongly to advocate for your child by knowing your child's rights to receive a free public education.

Niantic Center School
7 West Main St, Niantic, CT  06357
Last modified Niantic Center School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.