No rating

All Saints Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 514 students

Living in Norwalk

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $353,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,520.

Posted August 22, 2014

All Saints Catholic School in Norwalk, ct. I love this school! My son attended his first year last year as a kindergartner. His teacher Mrs. Iannazzo was the best and the teacher assistant Ms. Cuthbertson was awesome. They provided extra help weekly to the students that needed it in certain subjects, communicated constantly with parents and clearly loved all the students in their class. If the other teachers at All Saints are half as good as them i will have a great 8 years ahead of me for my son.

Posted July 27, 2014

If you're looking for a warm community, All Saints is your school! Our children have excelled, and we have appreciated knowing that they are in a safe and loving environment.

Posted July 24, 2014

I originally intended on sending my child here for preschool only. However, after 2 years we have completely changed our mind and he will now will be staying with All Saints for the long haul. The school is a loving, caring and enriching environment that models our life at home. Top notch education is paramount but so is the overall development of a child. All Saints faculty and parents are involved at a much greater level than simply focusing on test results.

Posted July 17, 2014

All Saints has been an amazing experience for my children and myself. The warm, caring and dedicated faculty and staff provide the necessary positive environment for learning. The faith based curriculum exceeds all expectation. The students graduating from All Saints are more than prepared for the rigors of high school. I am assured that my children are building a strong foundation for a lifelong quest for knowledge.

Posted July 15, 2014

We have been at All Saints for 4 years and couldn't have chosen a better school. We chose All Saints for its Education, Values and Faith. You walk through the doors and feel like you are part of a family. The school teaches the children to be the best that they can be. Our son has meet some of his best friends at ASCS and we have met some of our best Friends.

Posted July 14, 2014

We love All Saints. Teachers are committed, caring and kind individuals who truly believe in their work. It's been a wonderful choice for our children, and I would recommend it highly to anyone who is looking for a safe, nurturing environment. The study skills and discipline that they have been taught will last them a lifetime!

Posted April 18, 2014

Overall, this school is not a good choice for your child. As a parent of a fourth and seventh grader, I believe that the teachers do not always stay on topic and teach. Rather, they talk about inappropriate nonsense with no discipline at all. However, some teachers are contrary to this ( principals, lower grade teachers, and some middle school teachers). Next year, my children will not be attending as they have suffered detrimental harm to their education. I believe this school can be fixed under the guidance of the principal and good teachers if the bad teachers and staff are fired. **the good reviews on this school are posted by the teachers IN this school. My kids have seen teachers writing on this website various times.

Posted March 4, 2014

We enrolled our son in Kindergarten at All Saints in Fall 2010 (and our daughter in 2013) and have been happy with every minute of our experience. The academics at every grade level are significantly above average. Students are held to the highest standards and are constantly encouraged to challenge themselves to "dive deeper". The atmosphere at All Saints makes the students feel like part of a family, with responsibilities to self and others. In addition to the education our children are receiving, we have found that the school is helping to build their character, not just their knowledge, mirroring the lessons we strive to teach them at home. The new principal (Fall 2011) knew every child's name within days, and at Christmas, she hands out ornaments to each child, with Merry Christmas wishes. It's a "personal touch" you don't find at other schools. A common misconception is that Catholic School teachers are not 'qualified'. But at All Saints, the teachers are all licensed and certified. The teachers truly LOVE teaching, and they understand the "whole child" and not simply the best way to "get through the curriculum". I'd encourage you to visit the school and see for yourself.

Posted October 21, 2013

Great curriculum, teachers are fantastic and student to teacher ratio is great. There are many extra curricular opportunities to broaden the experience.

Posted August 29, 2013

This school was the worst mistake I ever made with my children's education. There were a lot of uncertified, terrible teachers who were allowed to do and order the children to do things that would never be permitted elsewhere. There was a lot of violence between the students and an administration unwilling to address the issues. We left and never looked back.

Posted May 22, 2012

One of the most impressive things about All Saints is the quality of the education my children have received; both morally and academically. While sticking to the traditions of Catholic school, the school has been able to introduce many innovations in technology and teaching methods. I must disagree with the previous posts, they sound like they are written by people who left this school long ago. There have been many positive changes at this school in the past few years. There has been a renewed spirit, thanks in large part to the new science and energy playground, new technology initiatives, and to the leadership of the new principal. We've been so happy in this nurturing and caring environment and our 2 children have thrived at this school. As opposed to some of the other Catholic schools in the area; All Saints offers a larger pool of students and has many more resources to offer to the students. All Saints has a beautiful facility, a large library, auditorium, cafeteria, and acres of playing fields. The other Catholic schools in the area can't touch All Saints!

Posted May 22, 2012

All Saints Catholic School is a great place to be ! We couldnt be happier !! Wonderful teachers, administrators, and parents!!

Posted May 21, 2012

Please check out this school before you enroll your children here. We thought we had made a good decision for our daughter. The teachers are sub par and the administration does not like to hear from parents. We left after one year and our daughter needed a year to catch up to her public school counterparts.

Posted May 21, 2012

I kept my children in this school for 5 years. Horrible teachers and incidents of violence finally forced us to move them to a different school where they are thriving and happy and secure for the first time since they started school at ASCS. If we had to do it again we would NEVER have put our children in this school. Most of the teachers are NOT certified, there is a lot of bullying by both students and teachers. Ask around before you enroll your children, many parents drive their children daily to Fatima in Wilton to avoid All Saints.

Posted November 17, 2011

My granddaughter is in her fourth year at ASCS, two years in pre-k, kindergarten and now first grade. We could not be more pleased with the school and her development. The teachers have been excellent, very caring and attuned to the specific needs of each child. The school is well run with many opportunities for each child to develop strong leadership and academic skills. Something that sets the school apart is not only the commitment of the teachers/staff, but the commitment of the parents (and extended family) to the school and its programs. The children are developing a very strong foundation academically and morally for their future.

Posted November 14, 2011

All Saints Catholic School provided my daughters, who are now in excellent colleges, with a solid foundation in both academics and moral teaching. The teaching staff and administration constantly challenge the students to achieve their potential while encouraging them to be kind to their peers. I believe that All Saints is the best K-8 school in the Norwalk area.

Posted November 14, 2011

My husband and I have two children at All Saints and couldn't be happier. Academically, the school is challenging and our kids seem to be much further along than their peers attending other schools. They are clearly assigned more homework. Interestingly, last year 7 kids won high school scholarships after achieving such high scores on their entrance exams. From a parent's perspective, the school does rely quite a bit on parent involvement although it is not compulsory. Parents run the fundraisers and coach the sports teams. It's not only fun but it also foster a sense of community. In terms of affordability, the tuition is surprising low compared to other private schools. All Saints has travel and inhouse basketball teams, a drama club, and even a new chess club which we thought was interesting. The campus is pretty exceptional probably because it was formally a high school facility. The auditorium, gymnasium, and sports fields are definitely extraordinary for a K-8 level school. Recently they built a huge playground which is also quite impressive. Last, but certainly not least, the school strongly promotes Christian values and discipline. It's refreshing.

Posted September 19, 2011

My daughter has attended this school since kindergarten and she is now in 8th grade. In 9 years here, she has received an outstanding education, is prepared academically, socially and morally for high school. The teachers, administration and staff are kind and generous, intelligent and use cutting-edge technology and teaching methods. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality Catholic education.

Posted May 1, 2010

I feel that this school, which I attended for three years, was the biggest waste of money spent on education for me and my brother. The teachers are untrained, and uneducated. The principal and vice principal do nothing to fix any problems within the school. The education is based mainly around the Catholic religion, with little focus on anything else. I spent six years learning Spanish in a public school, and was appalled when the children in this school didn't even know how to count to ten, or recite the alphabet, all things I learned in Kindergarten. The students that attend this school are sheltered from the rest world, meaning that they have no idea what goes on beyond the pearly gates of All Saints. Don't assume that what you see is what you'll get.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 27, 2009

Our daughter switched to All Saints from the Westport Public School system in the 4th grade. We thought she might be upset about the uniforms and the increase in homework - but she loves it. Although the curriculum is more challenging and she has more homework, she is thriving academically and socially. She has made some wonderful friends and gained confidence in her academic ability. In addition, she is learning wonderful study habits. We couldn't be happier.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Bridgeport